- Posted: over a month ago
Handles incoming phone calls for the Patient Financial Services Department. Schedule patient appointments to assist, complete and submit applications. Perform follow up patient phone calls. Complete patient financial service calls and cashier duties if necessary. Aids in completing applications for financial assistance. Primary job duties will be to assist customers/patients with billing questions and resolve their concerns. Collections of patient balances and setting up payment plans.
1. Answering incoming phone PBX calls in a courteous and professional manner.
2. Demonstrates competency with patient estimates, payment collections, payment plans and understanding of patient responsibilities for all billing systems.
3. Timely response to all inquiries, while always demonstrating high customer service skills.
4. Assisting patients with programs that may help patients with coverage of their bills.
5. Other duties as assigned or requested by management, including cashier and reception.
6. Embraces Montrose Memorial Hospitals Mission, Vision and Values.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and use hands along with fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Qualifications & Skills:
1. High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
2. At least two years' experience in a business office setting working in a health care facility.
3. Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point and Publisher as well as an understanding of Electronic Health Record as it pertains to Patient Access.
4. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
5. Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the public.
6. Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and can deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Montrose Memorial Hospital
BusinessView all jobs at Montrose Memorial Hospital