WHO WE ARE
At MEF Conversion Schools, provide all our students a rigorous educational experience that prepares them for success in college, career, and life. We understand the importance of a collaborative learning environment between teachers, parents, and school staff in setting up every child’s educational success.
MEF Conversion Schools is committed to building talented and committed cadres of teachers charged with the skills to develop leaders by empowering scholars to change the factors that define their reality. Our staff will work with students to develop the leadership skills necessary to drive complete community rejuvenation in the Lanier feeder pattern. In developing these skills, students will cultivate an array of leadership components that they can apply to community change on a global scale.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Appropriate and active Alabama Teaching Certificate or valid out of state license for the given subject area for which you are teaching.
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university either in education or in content areas (e.g. Math, Science)
- At least (2) years of urban teaching experience
- Experience in leading out of school time learning opportunities (e.g. serving as a coach, mentor, club leader)
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
A MEF Conversion Schools Teacher is charged with providing instruction to our students and is specifically responsible for, but not limited to:
- Implement instruction according to the school’s educational goals and objectives by focusing on high standards and achievement for all students including those who are ELL and/or receive special education services.
- Meet and instruct class(es) as assigned leveraging school curriculum and texts and other support materials as needed.
- Prepare, leverage and provide feedback to students regarding their assignments.
- Utilize lesson and unit plans to support effective delivery of instruction.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of behavior needed to achieve.
- Maintain functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Provide for continuous evaluation of student progress consistent with school established goals and policies.
- Maintain student records and other pertinent data as determined by the school.
- Facilitate students’ progress and growth toward stated objectives of instruction within the limits of the resources provided by the school.
- Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with grade level and/or content peers to create a consistent learning experience for students.
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Commitment to the success of all MEF Conversion School students and specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities and/ or children with special needs.
- Desire to grow professionally and seek out new opportunities to learn; and integrity and clarity in all communications and interactions.
- Ability to use data to inform instruction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovative teaching methodologies through techniques such as team teaching, demonstrations, simulations and consultations.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Outstanding interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to critically assess challenges and identify effective instructional/behavioral solutions to support the success of each of his or her students.
- Exceptional classroom management skills.
- Flexible, optimistic approach; committed to overcoming challenges; strong problem solving skills.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong working knowledge of technology used to design and differentiate instruction for students.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD:
- Competitive salary based on education and experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Matching Plan
- Ten (10) Months, non-tenureable position
HOW TO APPLY
- Please visit our online application portal to submit your resume, cover letter, and supporting documents today! Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MEF CONVERSION SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR
Montgomery Education Foundation