WHO WE ARE
At MEF Conversion Schools, provide all our students a rigorous educational experience that prepares them for success in college, career, and life. We understand the importance of a collaborative learning environment between teachers, parents, and school staff in setting up every child’s educational success.
MEF Conversion Schools is committed to building talented and committed cadres of teachers charged with the skills to develop leaders by empowering scholars to change the factors that define their reality. Our staff will work with students to develop the leadership skills necessary to drive complete community rejuvenation in the Lanier feeder pattern. In developing these skills, students will cultivate an array of leadership components that they can apply to community change on a global scale.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Appropriate and active Alabama School Leader Certificate or valid out of state School Building Leader license.
- Required criminal history background check, physical and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university either in education or school leadership.
- At least (4) years of urban school leadership experience with preference in charter school settings.
- At least (4) years of urban school teaching experience.
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
MEF Conversion Schools’ School Leader is responsible for student achievement and program oversight, including financial accountability. This leader will supervise leadership staff and teachers and direct all investments in human capital, making sure that all faculty and operational hires are inconsistent with the values, academic rigor, and mission of the MEF School.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the systems and structures needed to drive consistent student achievement gains for all students are fully implemented, consistently followed, and review/revised as needed to include compliance with Federal, State, and District programs and laws, including IDEA;
- Providing targeted professional learning and development for all staff, especially those teachers early in their practice, with the goal of going from good to great across all grades/content areas in the next 3-5 years;
- Supervising, developing , and sustaining meaningful relationships with families, community leaders and partners including the ability to engage in detailed dialogue regarding student progress and social-emotional development;
- Driving a compassionate culture of school and students success, in a way that is sustainable, tangible and inclusive of the needs of students, families and staff;
- Working with the central team to develop an organization-wide recruitment and retention strategy aimed at achieving short and long-term hiring goals will continuously engaging the best and brightest early career teachers and mid-senior level teachers who can serve in teacher leader capacities across the organization; and
- Developing a data driven approach to academic portfolio where opportunities and challenges are identified and addressed systematically based on school and grade level data.
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Commitment to the success of all MEF Conversion School students and specifically to raising the academic achievement of children in high-poverty communities and/ or children with special needs;
- Uncompromising commitment to the school’s mission, vision, and culture;
- A track record of success in school and organizational leadership;
- An understanding of how to develop people, including the provision of intellectual support and stimulation;
- A passion for life-long learning and a commitment to continuous professional development based on data-driven performance evaluation;
- The ability to develop a coherent personal philosophy of leadership that is aligned with the school culture and mission;
- Proven efficacious use of data to drive academic achievement;
- Excellent public speaker with professional presence and attitude;
- Able to adapt in various organizational situations and resolve organizational conflicts;
- Ability to work in a diverse collegial environment, supporting and developing teachers;
- Ability to develop and sustain professional and positive relationships with families;
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Commitment to a relentless approach to student achievement;
- Able to make tough choices in the service of student achievement;
- Able to apply and monitor all aspects of school discipline;
- Ability to solve problems and face challenges with confidence and composure.
SALARY, BENEFITS, AND EMPLOYMENT PERIOD
- Competitive salary based on education and experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401K Matching Plan
- Twelve (12) Months, non-tenureable position
MEF CONVERSION SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Powered by JazzHR
Montgomery Education Foundation