CEST Therapist II
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
CLASSIFICATION: Mental Health Therapist II
SUPERVISOR: Director, Crisis Evaluation and Support Team Program
DEFINITION: This is responsible professional work in the field of mental health. Employees in this class are responsible for providing clinical services for persons experiencing mental illness and assisting these persons in accessing other needed services.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Conduct initial intake interviews of clients according to established procedure, assessing the client's problems and needs, and compile intake reports according to established format for presentation to clinical staff meetings.
- Perform the function of mental health therapist by providing mental health services as related to evaluations/assessments, individual and group therapy/counseling, medication monitoring and education, family services, and other clinical services, focusing on mental disorders, environmental stress and family relationships.
- Serve as case responsible staff member, managing the care of individuals in accordance with the treatment planning process.
- Assist clients in accessing benefits and other services as needed, both within and outside the agency, provide mental health consultation to other agencies assisting the Authority's clients.
- Participate in clinical supervision as required.
- Participate in client discharge planning process, obtain appropriate aftercare appointments, and prepare clinical charts for transfer.
- Provide crisis intervention and assessment for clients referred or seen on an emergency basis.
- Perform mental status assessments via court order, advise the court regarding the subject's need for mental health care, and attend court hearings as assigned.
- Perform prehospitalization screenings either at the Mental Health Center or at other locations as needed.
- Coordinate and provide residents with a wide range of various therapeutic activities with emphasis on developing in each resident self-care, home management, social adjustment and independent skills within his/her functional abilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Participate in training activities as required by the Authority to increase and enhance professional and therapeutic skills.
- Transport clients to appointments or other activities.
- Complete reports required for client records as well as all forms and paperwork required by the Agency, including Daily Service Reports, admission/discharge documentation, and other forms as needed.
- Engage in community service and consultation work with other groups and agencies as may be periodically assigned.
- Some knowledge of psychopathology, mental and emotional illness, principles of counseling, interviewing techniques, and extensive knowledge of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), its use and clinical application.
- Considerable knowledge of individuals and group behavior, with special emphasis on psychiatric/mental disorders.
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of counseling.
- Knowledge of assessing mental status and determining needs of persons in need of mental health services
- Basic knowledge of medications used to treat psychiatric/mental disorders, including desired effects, side effects and issues related to medication adherence.
- Basic computer literacy desirable.
- Willing to work in non-traditional settings.
- Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends or evenings if necessary.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to transport clients.
- Ability to make clear and pertinent statements both orally and written.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively as a treatment team member.
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with clients.
- Master's Degree in the behavioral sciences from a recognized college or university with a clinical practicum.If license eligible must have LGSW or ACL credential within three months of hire date. Some clinical experience preferred. Degree and experience must meet requirements of Medicaid for approved Medicaid Provider Status.
- Must hold a driver's license valid in Alabama and maintain a driving record that is acceptable to the Authority's insurance carrier. Must maintain liability coverage on personal vehicles.
- Must hold and maintain a current Red Cross First Aid and CPR certificate.
Montgomery Area Mental Health Authority, Inc
HealthcareView all jobs at Montgomery Area Mental Health Authority, Inc