Under the Direction of the Program Director, the Assistant Director is responsible for the management, development, administration and supervision of the Center, in accordance with applicable statues and regulations under Title V: Train, Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff and be responsible for the programmatic compliance and the curriculum of the Early Childhood program from age 6 months through 5, which uses both Montessori and Early childhood Education principles and practices. A thorough understanding of both Child Development and Montessori Methods is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities (includes but is not limited to the following)
* Will work 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, Minimum
* Demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills consistently to successfully deliver all monthly events, activities, reporting deadlines and program deadlines including those required by Licensing and the state.
* Supervise, observe and evaluate staff.
* Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations that affect early childhood programs.
* Effectively recruit parents and students for the preschool program in order to operate at its maximum capacity.
* Be able to certify the eligibility of CCTR and CSPP children enrolled in the program with consistent accuracy and coordinate enrollment.
* Oversee day to day operation of the program including maintaining a harmonious and efficient work environment.
Education/Knowledge and Abilities: To perform the job successfully, candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the Knowledge, skill and ability required:
Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood or a related field with at least 24 ECE units is preferred. Minimum associates degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with at least 24 ECE units. Must hold or be eligible for, and maintain eligibility for a Child Development Site Supervisor permit in accordance with the criteria established by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in a CCTR/CSPP preschool setting as a lead teacher ( Montessori Classroom experience a plus) and 2 years of management and supervisory experience preferred. Attendance is an essential function of this job. The program is open year round.
Paid Holidays, Paid vacation and sick leave, Insurance and retirement package, staff training and development opportunities.
Job Type : Full Time
Salary: $31, 000.00 to $42, 000.00 / Year
Montessori Academy of West Covina
West Covina, CA