- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Supervised by the president; manages and coordinates essential activities concerned with company contracts, transactions, documents, and correspondence by performing the following duties in cooperation with the chief estimator, division managers, CFO, or president.
- Requests, prepares and/or maintains such complex documents as contracts, subcontracts, insurance, bonds, and major purchase orders.
- Requests, maintains, and renews contractor and business licenses.
- Receives and/or prepares, and maintains company correspondence, and compiles records and reports.
- Assists with the coordination of cross training for substitute or new personnel as required by chief estimator, division managers, CFO, or president.
- Manages records retention and coordinates disposal when necessary.
- Supervises contracts administrative assistant.
- Provides assistance to the president and performs other duties as assigned.
- Prepares bid schedules, bid proposal documents, pre-qualification packages, and bid results.
- Ensure bid advertisement requirements are met in cooperation with the chief estimator.
- Assists in coordination and maintenance of records related to estimates, bid solicitations, advertising, and affirmative action requirements of bidding.
- Support estimating team on bid day.
- Ensures close-out data sheets are completed and maintains project experience records.
- Enters and maintains data for set-up of contracts, preliminary lien notices, budget, subcontracts, budget adjustments, change orders, job forecasts and other cost reports.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from an accredited institution with a minimum of five years of experience in construction and engineering projects and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms and conditions of construction industry contracts.
- Experience with Sage/Timberline estimating and accounting, and Procore.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to work independently to carry out oral and written directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships among company personnel, clients, subcontractors, and other business associates.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to exert 10 to 20 pounds of force or more frequently, and to lift, carry, push or otherwise move objects.
- Work involves sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, bending, and climbing for varied amounts of time.
Monterey Mechanical CompanyWhy Work Here?
More than 75 years of continuous service, we are providing our employees opportunity for career advancement and a great place to work.
Monterey Mechanical Co., is an entirely employee owned mid-sized industrial contractor and metal fabricator servicing the greater San Francisco Bay area.
8275 San Leandro StSan Francisco, CA