Job requisition ID: 2028
Job Title: Weapon Systems Analyst/Aerospace Engineer
Job Location: Huntsville, AL
The candidate will work with a team of Government and Industry engineers to perform weapon system analysis, concept development, feasibility studies, and trade studies to aid the Army with critical technology development and technology roadmap development.
- The candidate will conduct weapon system trade studies to identify optimal system configurations and key technology drivers.
- The candidate will participate in the analysis of all aspects of missile systems including concepts of employment, threat system identification and analysis, surveillance and fire control sensors, missile sensor systems, target tracking and extrapolation algorithms, aerodynamics, propulsion, controls, and data links.
- The candidate will participate in the development of weapon system performance requirements analysis and development.
- The candidate will participate in the development, maintenance, and use of models and simulations of required fidelity (engineering level, 3DOF, 6DOF, etc.) to derive system requirements and assess system performance.
- The candidate will aid the Government Engineering team in assessing system performance, scenario development, and analysis.
- The candidate must be able to work within a fast-paced environment, often with evolving requirements.
- The candidate will write and present technical documentation as required.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant science field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Good communication skills and ability to present analysis findings.
- Demonstrated experience in DoD weapon systems analysis / engineering activities.
- Experience in systems engineering to include requirements derivation and management.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of complex weapon systems.
- Candidate must be able to obtain a security clearance.
MSRC is proactive in strategic planning and developing customer relationships. Our business horizon is long term. The MSRC embedded team approach is readily responsive to customer goals. Our focus is service oriented. We value relationships with our employees and customers first. We are growing rapidly. Come join our team!!
Monte Sano Research CorporationMonte Sano Research Corporation specializes in providing full-spectrum defense system engineering, research, design, development, integration, test, evaluation and planning services to the U.S. Government. Our dominant core capability centers on real-time Hardware-in-the-Loop engineering. MSRC expertise spans Flight Motion Simulators (design, installation, and maintenance), Modeling and Simulation (end-to-end, sensors, guidance and control), and Program Management. In addition to defense system engineering, MSRC has the experience of managing and delivering turn-key test facility installations. MSRC designs and develops complete test facility components including target simulators for Semi-Active Laser and Radio Frequency Compact Ranges. MSRC develops custom equipment for weapon system launcher and fire control integration and testing. MSRC has extensive expertise in supporting the U.S. Department of Defense in the areas of Cost Estimating, Earned Value Management, Project Scheduling, Finance & Budget Control, and Program Management. MSRC is proactive in strategic planning and developing customer relationships. Our business horizon is long term. The MSRC embedded team approach is readily responsive to customer goals. Our focus is service oriented. We value relationships with our employees and customers first. We are growing rapidly. Come join our team!!