School Age Child Care Counselor
- Posted: over a month ago
- $15 to $16 Hourly
Under the general direction of the SACC Program Director, the SACC Counselor is responsible for assisting the SACC Site Director along with all other staff to enhance the extended care program. The SACC Counselor will assist in all extended care activities and special events, as well as ensuring the health and safety of all children at all times.
At the YMCA of Montclair, we strive to be the Employer of Choice, provide World-Class Service, and be the Charity of Choice. Our goal is to be a place where employees are empowered and excited to come to work. All staff ensure that members experience customer centric, individual attention each and every day. We strive to be the preferred partner collaborating with others, identifying and meeting our community needs.
- Emotional Maturity
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Assist is planning, preparation and implementation of all activities for extended care.
- Assist the site staff with distribution and clean-up of daily snack.
- Work with children in small groups with age-appropriate activities such as crafts, games, clubs and science.
- Maintain clean, neat and organized environment.
- Promote and supervise the health, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical development of each child.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, secure and nurturing environment for all program participants.
- Foster appropriate communication with parents.
- Maintain all applicable state regulations.
- Assist in maintenance of required log and record books.
- Work with all other staff members in a cooperative effort-TEAMWORK.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Follow personnel policies of the Montclair YMCA and policies defined in the staff manual.
- All other duties, as requested.
- HS Degree/GED (or working towards) and a minimum of one year experience working with children under age 13.
- Excellent human relation skills, communication skills.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Clearance from a criminal background check.
- Demonstrate a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrate verbally and by role modeling a sound knowledge of good teaching practices and a of child growth and development.
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of the YMCA and its capacity of youth development. The ability to articulate and model YMCA’s four core values of Caring, Honest, Responsibility are essential.
- Must have a CPR/AED and First Aid Certification OR get certified within 90 days of employment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This work requires the following physical activities: climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity. He/she must be able to lift up to 50lbs. The work is performed indoors and outdoors, with occasional travel to the various sites of the YMCA of Montclair.
Benefits include complimentary YMCA membership; accrued PTO; enrollment in the Y’s retirement program (must complete 1000 hours within 2 years of service) with 10% of salary contributed by the Y; a rewarding career with professional growth and advancement opportunities; a challenging and fun work environment with creative and talented individuals.
HOURLY RATE: $15.13- $16.50
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday, 2:30pm-6:00pm
Personal CareView all jobs at Montclair YMCA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?