Employment Services Coordinator II
Department: Career Services
Employment Detail: Permanent, Full-Time, Occasional evening hours.
Salary: $15.515 -$16.805 per hour DOE
Applications received by June 21, 2019 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
These position supports Career Services as critical team members by assisting in the delivery of career and life-planning services to students, alumni and employers. The range of services provided by Career Services includes: individual career advising, workshops, presentations/special programs, career fairs and on-campus recruiting, job search services, and referrals. Schedule may require occasional evening hours. Both positions report to the Director of Career Services.
The main duties of the ESCII position include: manage the On-campus Recruiting Program; develop and nurture employer relationships with exceptional customer service, thoroughness, and attention to detail; coordinate career fairs, events for employer's recruiting visits (interview schedules, company presentations/information sessions) and assist with other events in the office.
The main duties of the other position include: manage the Internship/Experiential Learning Program; develop and nurture student and alumni relationships through exceptional customer service, thoroughness, attention to detail, coordinate student-focused events, and manage student employees in Career Services.
Both positions provide advice, counsel and information to students preparing to enter the work world through individual appointments with students, presentations to classes, and career-related workshops; process, assist with the assimilation & dissemination internship/graduate survey data. Contribute to the efficient operation of a busy on-campus office.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to be attentive to detail
- Strong writing, verbal and analytical skills, public speaking and presentations skills
- Proficiency in the use of office computers and related software (MS Office); familiarity with web-based software and ability to learn and use technology
- Associates degree with equivalent experience
- Create and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of individuals
- Proven organizational, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Ability to establish appropriate priorities and multitask with a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrated effective public relations, interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Accurate, effective record keeping skills including both written and electronic files
- Ability to perform well under pressure and in various situations
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports with ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in a strong team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, take initiative as appropriate
- Bachelor’s Degree with related experience
- Work with web-based software
- Experience coordinating and organizing special events and meetings
- Experience working on a college campus
- Professional office practices and procedures experience
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Experience critiquing resume and cover letter preparation, as well as job search and interviewing procedures
For full consideration application materials must be complete.
- Cover letter addressing qualifications,
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Montana Tech is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged. Montana Tech makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, Montana Tech provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the employment (veteran’s) preference form located on the employment page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the job title of the position in which you are applying.
To request an accommodation, contact Cathy Isakson 406-496-4380; email@example.com
Montana Technological University, Butte Montana, is nestled in the Heart of the Rocky Mountains along the Continental Divide, where I-15 and I-90 intersect. We are home to the largest National Historic District in the country. Montana Tech is a special focus institution with a reputation for excellence and value. Montana Tech is ranked #1 in the nation by CollegeNET.