Assistant Director Physical Facilities
Department: Physical Facilities
Employment Detail: Full-Time
Complete applications received by November 27, 2020 will be guaranteed full review and consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
- Responsibility for Physical Facilities Operations and Maintenance Departments of the campus: including skilled trades, heating plant operators, and grounds. Will also assist Director with oversite of the Custodial Supervisor and crew, as well as the Security Supervisor and crew.
- Manage the Physical Facilities Work Control process, by overseeing and fully incorporating the FAMIS work order system.
- Assist Director by receiving requests, investigate requested work for scope, priority, and estimate resources required. Assign Physical Facilities classified personnel for the work and communicate work statuses to customers. Track and review work orders and associated costs, ensuring that this information is entered into the FAMIS system.
- Work with Director and Physical Facilities staff to ensure compliance of regulatory codes, reporting requirements, training and safe work practices.
- Provides leadership for exemplary customer service and efficient use of resources. Acts as Director when assigned and Director is scheduled away from campus.
- Provides assistance to the Director in managing campus projects and process improvement efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and four plus years of experience, or an Associate’ s degree and eight plus years of related field experience in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Facilities Management, or a related field.
- Knowledge of construction, operations and maintenance principles and methods. Experience supervising operation and maintenance personnel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of university guests, students, and personnel.
- Ability to read, interpret, and communicate technical materials – blueprints, specification manuals, shop drawings, etc.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise the daily activities of Maintenance and grounds personnel. Ability to resolve personnel conflicts and to apply constructive counselling techniques through consultation with Human Resources and Director of Physical Facilities positions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a variety of records and prepare reports using computerized and manual systems.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Experience in higher education facilities or multi-building campus environments.
- Extensive experience with computerized work order systems.
- Experience with utility systems and infrastructures.
- Licenses as a Professional Engineer, Architect, Certified Educational Facilities Professional, Certified Energy Manager, or similar credentials.
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 Certified.
- Experience with Auto Cad or other building construction software programs
- Lifting from floor up to 30 inches – 70#, lifting from floor to 60 inches – 50#. Floor to overhead, up to 50# sustained, with both hands.
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching, or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5# in both hands sustained.
- Working overhead from various positions – standing, squatting, kneeling.
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Work Environment: the noise level is usually moderate to loud. May be required to work in conditions including: cold, heat, temperature swings, noise, outdoors, and indoors around mechanical and electrical, fumes / odors, dust / chemicals and toxic waste hazards. May be required to work in locations that involve hazardous environments requiring the use of protective equipment that conforms to OSHA regulations and some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, and noise.
For full consideration application materials must be complete.
- Cover letter addressing qualifications,
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.
Montana Tech is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran status, gender, age, political beliefs, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation or preference. In support of the University’s mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged. Montana Tech makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant’s ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee’s ability to perform the duties of the job. In compliance with the Montana Veteran’s Employment Preference Act, Montana Tech provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran’s preference please complete the employment (veteran’s) preference form located on the employment page and email to email@example.com. You must include the job title of the position in which you are applying.
To request an accommodation, contact Cathy Isakson 406-496-4380; firstname.lastname@example.org
Montana Technological University provides a comprehensive benefits package for all eligible positions that includes health, dental and vision insurance, mandatory retirement plan with employer contribution, partial tuition waiver, and a wellness program.
Montana Technological University, Butte Montana, is nestled in the Heart of the Rocky Mountains along the Continental Divide, where I-15 and I-90 intersect. We are home to the largest National Historic District in the country. Montana Tech is a special focus institution with a reputation for excellence and value. Montana Tech is ranked #1 in the nation by CollegeNET.
Powered by JazzHR