Computer Support Specialist II
Montana State University Bozeman, MT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Computer Support Specialist II
Announcement Number STAFF - VA - 21413
For questions regarding this position, please contact: Tim Capps 406-994-2923 OR email@example.com
Classification Title Computer Supp Spec II
Working Title Computer Support Specialist II
Brief Position Overview
This position is part of a technical team that is responsible for the system administration of servers managed by the Infrastructure Services & Operations (ISO) group. This position works closely with members of multiple UIT groups in the planning, deployment and support of the VDI environment. The individual in this position may be on-call periodically and could be required to respond to emergency situations at all hours of the day and night.
Position Number 4M0265
Department UIT Business Op
Division VP for Information Technology
Appointment Type Classified
Contract Term Fiscal Year
Union Affiliation FOCUS-MFPE
Benefits Eligible Eligible
Salary $17.348 - $24.287 per hour, commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications
Contract Type Classified Salary
Recruitment Type Open
In support of the Montana State University mission, University Information Technology promotes, develops, delivers, and facilitates the use of information technology services and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide end user, client system, and technical systems support ensuring the usability and functionality of the VDI environment. This includes installation of client systems, applications, configuration and deployment of virtual images, licensing and support for VDI packages, and end-user support.
- Works closely with UIT staff and external partners for production support, capacity planning, and hardware and software requirements.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
1. Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
2. Experience supporting computer lab environments, including virtual desktops.
3. Experience administering desktop systems and providing end-user support.
4. Working knowledge and administration experience with Windows 10 and Windows Server.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills
1. Experience administering and supporting VDI environments including Cisco UCS and, VMware vSphere, and Horizon. Experience supporting higher-ed computer lab environments.
2. Experience supporting higher-ed computer lab environments.
The Successful Candidate Will
- Ability to be a forward, creative, positive, and flexible thinker exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with University IT staff in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to analyze system components and support options to break down and resolve problems.
- Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently manage competing technical priorities.
- Skilled at communicating technical product knowledge in an understandable form to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to manage competing technical priorities and problem solve independently as well as part of a team.
- Be able to comfortably communicate and work with VDI end users to help solve VDI related issues.
Position Special Requirements/Additional Information
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Montana State University's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This position has supervisory duties? No
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date Upon successful completion of search
Applications will be:
Screening of applications will begin on August 19, 2021; however, applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Montana State University values diverse perspectives and is committed to continually supporting, promoting and building an inclusive and culturally diverse campus environment. MSU recognizes the importance of work-life integration and strives to be responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
Montana State University is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from discrimination. As such, the University does not discriminate in the admission, access to or conduct of its educational programs and activities nor in its employment policies and practices on the basis of an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, creed, service in the uniformed services (as defined in state and federal law), veteran's status, sex, age, political ideas, marital or family status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation. In support of the University's mission to be inclusive and diverse, applications from qualified minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Montana State University makes accommodation for any known disability that may interfere with an applicant's ability to compete in the hiring process or an employee's ability to perform the duties of the job. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Office, PO Box 172520, Montana State University, Bozeman MT 59717-2520; 406-994-3651; firstname.lastname@example.org .
In compliance with the Montana Veteran's Employment Preference Act, MSU provides preference in employment to veterans, disabled veterans, and certain eligible relatives of veterans. To claim veteran's preference please complete the veteran's preference information located in the Demographics section of your profile.
MSU's Non-Discrimination Policy and Discrimination Grievance Procedures can be located on the MSU Website: http://www.montana.edu/hr/disability_accommodation/complaints_grievances.html .
To apply, visit: https://jobs.montana.edu/postings/26482
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Montana State University
TechnologyView all jobs at Montana State University