The Consumer Promotions Manager’s (CPM) purpose is to assist in the ideation and manage all aspects of the creation and execution of Monster Energy’s consumer promotion activity. The CPM reports into the VP of Field & Customer Marketing. The CPM is the in-house promotion expert, quarterback and primary link between numerous parties both internal and external in the consumer promotion ideation, development and execution process. The CPM is responsible for ensuring Monster provides best-in-class promotional support to Monster Energy’s account base while maintaining Monster’s high brand standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with Customer Marketing, Field Marketing, Brand Marketing, Sales, Sports Marketing, Music Marketing, the Art Department, Legal, Accounting, the retail customer, and outside promotion agencies and vendors to create and execute the following types of promotions:
- Custom account-specific promotions aimed at Monster’s largest accounts and strategic accounts.
- Regional account-specific pass through promotions targeting accounts offering the greatest ROI.
- Adaptations of national trimester promotions.
- Accountable for the entire promotion creation process including: ideation, artwork development, copy writing, entry mechanics & backend development, rules creation, promotion registry where necessary, legal agreements, selecting and managing vendors, gaining necessary approvals, winner selection and confirmation, prize fulfillment, and providing assets and support for the sell-in process.
- Collaboratively ideate promotion concepts, and provide assets for pitch decks and promotion presentations.
- Present and sell-in promotion concepts internally and externally.
- Train and coach Customer Marketing and Field Marketing on Monster’s brand standards with promotions. Provide best practices and execution expectations.
- Manage all account-specific and region-specific promotion requests from the field to ensure they provide the necessary ROI, are up to brand standards, the lead time is adequate, the relevant parties are included, and the necessary agreements are in place.
- Attend regular conference calls and meetings with Customer and Field Marketing facilitate communication.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5-years of combined experience in the areas of Consumer Promotion Management, Brand Management (client or agency), Customer Marketing, Key Account Sales, and Field Marketing ideally in the beverage/packaged goods industry.
- Must have been with the same firm for a minimum of 2-years.
- Experience effectively coaching and managing a cross-functional team.
- Must have a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Requires a demonstrated ability to manage numerous time sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Must be a collaborative team player.
- Must be decisive and enforce brand standards.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Candidate should possess a bachelor’s degree in business or marketing.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Microsoft Outlook, the Internet and social media.