We are looking for two (2) FULL TIME CNAs, NIGHT SHIFT (12 hrs). Experience working on an acute inpatient setting a plus.
Entry level Certified Nursing Assistant from an approved program
Minimum of six(6) months prior acute care experience
Current license as a Certified Nursing Assistant in the State of California
Current BCLS certification.
· Consults with and keeps supervising RN informed of unit activities, needs and problems related to patient care.
· Follows hospital policy/procedure for turning and reposition patients with minimal linen use.
· Collects and transports specimens to correct department.
· Transports patients to and from various departments as requested.
· Takes and records temperature, pulse, respiration, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurementsy in a timely manner.
· Prepares patient room and bed for admission and transfers and ensures necessary equipment in the room.
· Assists in patient admission, transfer and discharge procedures.
· Assists with handling and care of patient belongings and other personal property.
· Documents on the patient belonging record when the patient is admitted, transferred or discharged.
· · Able to release, remove and reapply restraints to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· Ensures patient is in proper position and alignment.
· Serves and removes patient meal tray in a timely manner.
· Assists with feeding and/or preparing items such as opening milk containers, cutting food for the patient.
· Performs aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Ensures department and patient units are kept neat and orderly.
· Manages and operates patient care equipment safely and correctly.
· Documents appropriate patient care in the medical record in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates defined practice patterns for the control and prevention of contamination.
· Maintains defined practice standards for the control of hazardous waste.