- Posted: over a month ago
- $63,000 to $73,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Monroe County Road Commission is currently seeking a Director of Finance to join our team in Monroe, MI! You will be responsible for planning, directing and controlling the financial, accounting and budgetary functions for the Monroe County Road Commission (MCRC).
- Accountable for leading the management staff in the MCRC’s financial and accounting policies, systems and processes, regulatory requirements, payroll systems and processes and controls
- Ongoing financial modeling and annual business plan
- Supervises the Finance Department
- Possesses the ability to perform a variety of accounting/finance/fund accounting functions including budget control and preparation
- Management of all fiscal records, inventory files, fixed assets, general ledger, monthly and year end reporting
Minimum qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting or Finance.
- Five (5) years experience in Accounting or Finance including governmental accounting procedures and Fund Accounting
- Experience working with Act 51 accounting methods and procedures
- CPA certification
- Five (5) years management experience
Applicants may apply through this job posting, in person, or receive an application at www.mcrc-mi.org. Please send cover letter and resume with your application if possible. Salary range is $63,462/yr - $72,981/yr based on education & experience.
The Monroe County Road Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The MCRC is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment and equal employment opportunities for all employees. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran, disability or family status, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. The MCRC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.
Monroe County Road CommissionWhy Work Here?
Excellent benefits and pension
The Monroe County Road Commission vows to provide quality, courteous & dependable professional services through innovative cost effective ways to maintain our road systems through transparency, trust & collaborations between citizens, business & government.
840 S. Telegraph Rd.Monroe, MI
Finance and Insurance