Lead Sr. IT Network Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
The Lead / Sr. Network Engineer will join a dynamic and fast-growing IT organization in San Jose, California, supporting a global organization with a major presence in the US, EU, and APAC. This position is based in San Jose, CA, and requires in-depth technical expertise in networking and security-related technologies, architectures, and systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and support of enterprise networking and InfoSec infrastructure such as routers, switches, firewalls, SDWAN, WIFI, etc.
- Ensure the infrastructure’s stability, reliability, scalability, and compliance with security and regulatory requirements globally.
- Perform (WAN/SDWAN/LAN) traffic analysis to diagnose and resolve issues proactively.
- Lead research and evaluation of new networking and InfoSec technologies as required to improve existing infrastructure continuously.
- Develop detailed designs using industry-standard best practices and best-of-breed technologies.
- Maintain and support core network services like DHCP, DNS, 802.1X, etc.
- Contribute to capacity planning initiatives by monitoring and analyzing network and compute resource usage to plan for hardware upgrades.
- Handle field support and trouble ticket resolution/escalation.
- Mentor junior staff and provide knowledge transfer to team members
- University degree in the technical field with 8 – 15 years experience and ongoing training in Enterprise IT.
- Proficiency in managing Arista/Aruba/Cisco/Juniper switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, Palo Alto Panorama, Palo Alto Global Protect, SilverPeak SDWAN, Juniper MIST WIFI, etc.
- Deep knowledge of BGP/OSPF routing protocols.
- SNMP network monitoring
- Cloud networking – Azure, AWS, and OCI
- Network Security assessment tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (Mandarin Chinese a plus).
Monolithic Power Systems
AddressSan Jose, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Monolithic Power Systems