Mechanical Engineering Intern
Monolith Nebraska LLC San Carlos, CA
- Expired: November 05, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mechanical Engineering Intern will be tasked with a design project (or projects depending on complexity) based on a set of requirements developed prior to the start of the internship. They would be expected to learn about the system, understand the requirements, and create a design package that meets those requirements, with plenty of help from other engineers.
This intern will learn about the reactor system, the challenges we face, and the ways we overcome them. After learning these things, they would build skills required to effectively conquer design challenges with difficult thermal requirements and complete a design to demonstrate that learning.
- Develop the design of components and systems for use in research on the Monolith methane pyrolysis process:
- High temperature gas mixing systems
- Water cooled parts subject to extreme temperatures
- High temperature furnace systems
- Perform computational analyses to demonstrate designs meet requirements:
- Stress analysis to validate sufficient mechanical strength of components and assemblies
- Thermal analyses to estimate component temperatures and ensure effective heat flow
- Fluid flow analyses to design of gas flow and mixing systems
- Analyze data from existing reactor systems to learn about system behavior
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Organized: Ability to intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others
- Reliable: Consistent delivery on timelines
- Collaborative: Communicates well with team members
- Cogent: Efficiently explain research to the other members of the team
- Coachable: Willing to accept feedback and learn from experience
- Resilient: Perform well under pressure with a low ego that thrives on the team's success
- Inquisitive: Willingness and desire to learn
- Creative: Problem solver who challenges previous assumptions and methods to continuously improve and solve challenges; relentlessly pursues a better solution
- Adaptable: Demonstrated ability to adapt and change in a dynamic and evolving environment with grit, passion, and perseverance
- Committed to our values
- Safety matters most
- Solve the impossible, embrace reality
- People make the difference
- Think like a team
- Decisions drive results
- Generosity of spirit
- Enjoy the ride
- Senior level or newly graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering programs
- An equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the job duties and responsibilities.
The majority of the tasks involved with this position are performed in an open office environment.
Powered by JazzHR
Monolith Nebraska LLC
AddressSan Carlos, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Monolith Nebraska LLC