- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Money.com seeks an experienced editor to spearhead our investing section. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of the investing space, including stocks, bonds, mutual funds, ETFs, retirement accounts and trading platforms. Some knowledge about banks, bank account fees and banking is also ideal. A strong knowledge of SEO best practices is essential.
Money is a 50-year-old magazine-turned-digital destination that helps millions of people a month learn both the basics and complexities of personal finance.
This role will work closely across editorial teams, audience development, product, art and design to bring our content to a broader audience while maintaining the authority that the Money brand is known for.
Preferred location for this position is New York City, but we’re open to remote employment.
This role will work closely with our senior editors, audience development, product, art and design and video teams to bring our content to a broader audience while maintaining the authority that the Money brand is known for.
We are a fun, creative and transparent organization, where everyone has access to our executive team - learning important business skills, taking part in major decisions and experiencing life in a rapidly growing online media environment.
- Identify, assign and edit stories focused on news and trends in the investing space
- Work with the trending news team to create an investing content strategy that will set Money apart from competitors
- Design and maintain an evergreen library of investing “how-to” guides that will help people searching relevant terms get the knowledge they need
- Spearhead a reviews section of investing and trading products
- Roll up your sleeves and write the occasional story when the need arises
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience: 5+ years of editorial experience in a fast-paced media environment
- Knowledge: You know investing and portfolios inside and out, and have some familiarity with bank accounts, fees and banking productsYou know SEO best practices and how they relate to different types of stories
- Communication skills: You have top-notch cross-team comms skills, and your collaborative spirit inspires others to work with you
- Organization and planning: You rely heavily on research and analysis to craft your game plan
- Leadership: You lead from any seat, even if not directly supervising people
- Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
Money Group, LLC (MG) is a Puerto Rico-based services company that owns and operates a number of digital properties, including ConsumersAdvocate.org and Money.com. Consumers Advocate Group, LLC (CAG) is a Washington State company that provides services to MG. As such, CAG periodically uses MG’s owned and operated digital properties to post for employment opportunities at CAG. The position, Editor, is an employment opportunity at CAG based in New York, New York. As such, this posting is based solely on the information provided by CAG. MG is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or any other aspects of job postings or employment with CAG. It is the responsibility of each individual job seeker to verify the specific information pertaining to the job posting directly with CAG, in addition to all matters pertaining to the hiring process and compensation for work performed.
All job listings are posted at the discretion of CAG. Therefore, all concerns and issues related to CAG’s job and/or employment opportunities on MG platforms should be addressed directly with CAG.
Powered by JazzHR
Money Group, LLC
AddressNew York, NY
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Money Group, LLC