- Posted: 13 days ago
Moneta is searching for a Financial Analyst who will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be a part of the Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Team for the company and will be spear-heading Moneta’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. The ideal candidate will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, margin analysis, unit costing, pricing support, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The position reports to - and partners with - the Direct of Strategy and Planning.
Moneta is an independent Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) wholly focused on going further for our clients. We are one firm with many solutions, and we provide a full spectrum of financial advisory services, but our true purpose is centered on building relationships and providing exceptional service to our clients around the globe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Implement and work with a Business Intelligence Tool and Dashboard reporting
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and better understand the business
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Departments heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Board of Directors and Senior Management Team
- Working with individual departments to prepare budgets and consolidate them into one overall corporate budget
- Preparing internal reports for executive leadership and supporting their decision making
- Creating, updating, and maintaining financial models and detailed forecasts of the company’s future operations
- Comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts and performs variance analysis to explain differences in performance and make improvements going forward considering opportunities for the company to expand or grow.
- Mapping out growth plans, including capital expenditures and investments, generating three- to five-year financial forecasts.
- Ensure 'Why' of Moneta are incorporated into the duties and responsibilities of the role
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA and/or MBA highly preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a finance environment and/or experiences in investment banking
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
Value of Being a Moneta Employee
Moneta is committed to providing the best possible care for our employees; part of this care includes offering comprehensive benefits that enhance the wellbeing of employees and their families:
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employer cost-shared medical and dental insurance
- Employer paid short-term disability, long-term disability, AD&D insurance, and basic life insurance
- 401k Match – 50% of employee contributions up to 6% of compensation
- Discretionary annual profit-sharing bonus
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time off (VTO)
- Employee referral incentive bonus program
- Onsite wellness programs & rewards
- Employee engagement activities
Moneta is a fiduciary fee-only Registered Investment Advisory firm and unable to hold securities licenses with the exception of Series 65. We also do not allow outside business activities, insurance commissions and/or trails.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Moneta
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?