Busy Pediatric office in the Berkeley County area seeking a Full-Time Family/Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtains and records patient's health history; performs comprehensive physical assessment as part of the total physical examination.
- Diagnosis, treats, and plans appropriate healthcare for patients in the areas of healthcare and refers patients to physicians as required.
- Assess, diagnoses, treats, manages, evaluates, and monitors acute and chronic illnesses.
- Administers prevention services, prenatal/postnatal services, family planning and counsels psychologically challenged individuals.
- Provides and prescribes medications within area of specialty.
- Provide case management services to select patients.
- Orders, performs, interprets, evaluates, and reviews diagnostic studies and procedures.
- Diagnose and manage both acute and chronic conditions, integrating both drug- and non-drug -based treatment methods into a management plan.
- Establishes and maintains patients' medical records and other necessary records.
- Provide immunizations and perform physical exams.
- Prescribe rehabilitation therapy as required.
- Provides general medical care and treatment to patients.
- Assist/instructs other healthcare employees in the management of client care.
- Ensure client records are kept confidential with the Health Department policies and procedures and HIPPA standards. Monitors HIPPA compliance within the work environment.
- Makes referrals to health care professionals, specialists, other clinics and community agencies.
- Provides in-service education classes on assigned responsibilities for nursing staff.
- Other Applicable Tasks and Responsibilities
Job Requirements for a Nurse Practitioner:
- Minimum two years experience required.
- Current State Licensure
- Current CPR Certification
- AANPCP Certification Preferred.
- Additional requirements may be applicable by assignment.
If you are interested in the position please contact me @: e.mail:firstname.lastname@example.org