Are you prolific at writing code in C? Do you want to work on a huge global engineering problem? Do you want to explore the world of cybersecurity and do something to frustrate hackers? Do you want your contribution to be core to the release of a company’s first product? If so, look no further.
Monarx is a startup backed by some of the best investors in the area, with an experienced group of executives and engineers. We are using a new approach to stop web-born intrusions by using the application stack to protect itself. Large data breaches are all over the news these days and they are not going away, but many organizations struggle to protect their web applications.
Monarx prevents the execution of malicious scripts that are inserted into vulnerable websites. These files, often referred to as web shells or backdoors, create a command and control platform inside a server. Hackers can use backdoors to gain full control of a server, steal valuable data, host phishing pages, attack other sites, send SPAM, participate in botnets, and even mine cryptocurrency by stealing the resources of infected hosts.
The company is looking for a C software engineer with experience working with Unix/Linux. Full-stack experience would be a huge plus.
What will you do here?
Ummm…write the best code you’ve ever written of course! Seriously though, you’ll be critical to working on our client-side Agent that is written in C. You’ll be our subject-matter-expert when it comes to C, you’ll mentor junior C developers and help establish best practices.
At Monarx you’ll have the opportunity to waste time having philosophical debates about different technologies, contribute to the poor jokes being told, eat free snacks and LaCroix to your heart’s desire and help make Monarx become the best cybersecurity company ever known to man. Oh, and just get stuff done!
- Competitive salary based on experience and expertise
- Paid vacation time and holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance plus other benefits
- Start Up Culture (yes, we can afford desks, chairs and all you can eat snacks)
- A chance to finally have a greenfield with technologies and frameworks to get the job done
- Great office location right in the heart of downtown SLC. One block from the train stop.
- The pleasure of listening to the CEO talk about the time he caught the “Biggest fish you’ve ever seen!”
Desired Skills and Experience
- EXPERT skills REQUIRED in C
- Experience working with containers, AWS environments and services a plus
- Experience understanding and implementing security precautions in open source programming
- Experience working with Apache and Unix/Linux system administration is beneficial
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies a plus
- Computer Science or other college degree beneficial but not required
- 5 plus years of PROFESSIONAL experience requested