Registered Nurse: Youth Crisis Center
Monarch Charlotte, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Specific Information:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: N/A
The Time-Type: Full-time, 40.0 and PRN
1. Assess and document individuals' appropriateness for admission, level of functioning, health status, mental status, medical history, medications, medication compliance, and response to treatment.
2. Educate individuals receiving services about mental illness and substance use disorder, participate in the development of treatment plans, crisis plans, and discharge plans.
3. Ensure that people who need a higher level or different level of care are referred or placed.
4. Monitor individuals who are receiving services to ensure health and safety.
5. Carry out functions including crisis intervention, medication administration, assessment of vital signs, referral for emergency medical treatment as necessary, observation of individual response to medication and treatment, following of detoxification protocols, nursing assessment, treatment planning, crisis and aftercare planning, submission of authorizations for treatment.
6. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as, state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
8. Demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures and assist in crisis situations.
9. Ensure that physician orders and service definition guidelines for services being provided are followed.
10. Complete all other relevant responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Education: Associates: Nursing (Required)
Certifications: North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - License, RN - License
Experience: 1 year Psych experience with Adolescents is Required
Qualifications: Associates - Nursing, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - License, RN - License
Ability to change routine in a positive manner, Ability to solve problems as they arise, Ability to work with frequent interruptions, Able to maintain good work attendance, Able to teach self-help and independent living, Build positive relationship with people supported, Competitive work output, Contribute to a positive work environment, Demonstrate knowledge of computer programs, Demonstrate strong organizational skills, Dependable transportation, Effective oral and written communication, Follow through on assignments independently, Lift at least 25 lbs, bend, stoop, reach, Maintain safe work environment, Maintain stable work behaviors daily, Must have proficient interpersonal skills, Must participate in decision-making, Must possess adequate individual coping skills, Must respond appropriately to emergency situations, Work independently, making sound judgement.
MonarchWhy Work Here?
We welcome good people who want to accomplish great things and help dreams take flight!
Monarch is a nonprofit organization that supports thirty thousand people statewide with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, and substance use disorders. Our company provides more than just services and supports to people of all ages, skill levels, and backgrounds. We strive to have a culture of people that desire to make a difference every single day. We do not make decisions for the people we support we get to help people choose their own outcomes. As ambassadors working on mission to support all people in the facets we each work, we have the privilege of being committed to supporting, educating, and empowering people with developmental and intellectual disabilities, mental illness, and substance use disorders to choose and achieve what is important to them.