Staff Accountant - Multifamily Housing
Monarch Investment and Management Group Franktown, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
- $48,000 to $55,000 Yearly
Accounting Professionals, why just get another job when you can be growing your career with a group that isn’t just knocking at your door but pounding it down with keys to real success!
Monarch Investment and Management Group “Monarch” is looking for a Staff Accountant in the Multifamily Housing Industry to join our home office team in Franktown, CO (a quaint little town located between Parker and Castle Rock).
Monarch Investment & Management Group has been actively involved in Multifamily Housing investment since 1992. Unlike many of our peers we are not a real estate investment trust but privately owned by people who actually care. We currently own and manage over 64,000 apartments in 21 states, making us the 13th largest multifamily owner in the country. In addition, Monarch operates a nationally franchised hotel and a ski and snowboard resort.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily review of cash related events including Accounts Receivables & Payable (AR) & (AP)
- Prepare and Post monthly journal entries and reconciliations
- Review and tie out of all budget variances and account balances with corresponding reports
- Prepare Month End, Quarterly and Annual Financial Statements
- Assist in the preparation and review of quarterly reports for investors and management
- Prepare disbursements and management fees
- Backup other staff accountants when needed
- Additional assignments and projects as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent work experience
- 2 to 4 years of staff accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to prepare and understand financial statements
- Ability to organize & prioritize assignments to meet deadlines
- Experience with Yardi or other multifamily accounting programs preferred but not required
- $48,000/yr - $55,000/yr
- Amazing medical at $40/m which is not just a skeleton plan but a great, comprehensive plan.
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k with up to 3% matching!
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off, 1st yr 80hrs, 2-4yrs 120hrs, 5+yrs 160/hrs
- Paid additional training/school
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Yearly Anniversary Gifts
- FREE skiing at Monarch Mountain for your entire immediate household
- Discount programs at partnered companies such as Verizon, Expedia, Office Depot and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Monarch Investment & Management Group has been actively involved in Multifamily Housing investment since 1992. Unlike many of our peers we are not a real estate investment trust but privately owned by people who actually care. We currently own and manage nearly 64,000 apartment homes in 21 states, making us the 9th largest multifamily owner in the country. In addition, Monarch operates a nationally franchised hotel and a ski and snowboard resort.
Unlike our competitors, we do everything possible in-house, including property acquisition, asset management, property management, maintenance, accounting, marketing, training, recruiting, legal and common capital project crews such as parking lot sealing, roofing and exterior paint teams.
This means that we outperform the industry and have control over all aspects of our investments. We manage what we own and don’t manage other people’s property. So, first and foremost, we are an in-house property management company with no unstable 3rd party management contract! This also means that we are always on the lookout for great talent to help us grow in every area of the business.
Monarch Investment and Management Group
Real EstateView all jobs at Monarch Investment and Management Group