We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business. See below job description:Job Specific Information:Scheduled Weekly Hours:0The Time-Type:Part timeJob Description:
1. Greet and register people we support in a professional, assistive manner. Check schedules and organize the flow of people; accompany people we support to the treatment area.
2. Schedule appointments for the people we support.
3. Verify and update the information (e.g. phone, address, insurance) of the people we support.
4. Request that information forms be completed by people we support. Enter information into electronic health record and other systems with accuracy.
5. Verify Medicaid and other insurance coverage, including verification of managed care referral authorizations.
6. Prepare files for the visit, and inform the nurse, the medical assistant, or other provider when people we support arrive.
7. Assist people we support as needed with walking, transfers, and in the absence of onsite lab, collecting specimens.
8. Collect pertinent history, obtaining vital signs, current complaint and medication reconciliation.
9. Perform screenings per provider guidelines.
10. Assist providers with various procedures/requests, as needed.
11. Prepare medical record information for referrals, as requested and document in the electronic health record.
12. Chart; relay instructions to people we support and their families.
13. Answer calls and provide pertinent information in a courteous and helpful manner.
14. Assist with providing education as directed by the provider.
15. Communicate, in a tactful and professional manner test results to people we support and schedule follow-up visits, if indicated by the provider.
16. Respond to verbal and electronic requests for information and assistance using proper policies, reference tools and provider instructions.
17. Process prescription refills, and direct/instruct people we support and/or family members regarding prescription and treatment instructions according to the provider guidelines and orders.
18. Clean equipment/testing supplies and treatment area between visits to maintain infection control.
19. Keep appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam/procedure rooms.
20. Maintain organization of medication closet.
21. Act as the contact person for visiting pharmaceutical representatives, as requested.
22. Assist in reporting of data to the MCO/LME, reviewing medical records for quantitative accuracy and completeness, and ensuring records are prepared for billing.
23. Ensure daily documentation meet standards, regulations, policies, and procedures.
24. Perform various account collection duties such as, but not limited to, collection and posting of payment.
25. Keep appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; including maintenance of equipment, etc.
26. Perform a variety of routine clerical duties including but not limited to filing, copying, faxing, transcription, sorting mail and posting, etc.
27. Respect/promote rights of people we support.
28. Share concerns relating to people we support and/or staff with immediate supervisors quickly.
29. Open and close office on assigned days, or as requested.
30. Comply with OSHA/Corporate Compliance/CLIA/HIPAA regulations.
31. Attend and actively participate in meetings and training as required. Maintain certification in all agency, state and federal training requirements.
32. Demonstrate knowledge of and comply with all agency policies and procedures, as well as state and federal statutes and regulations related to specific program areas.
33. Demonstrate knowledge of emergency procedures and assist in emergency situations.
34. Travel and driving may be required.
35. Perform other appropriate functions as assigned.Education:Associates: ScienceCertifications:CMA - Certificate, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - LicenseExperience:Qualifications:1056054, Associates - Science, CMA - Certificate, North Carolina Driver License (Valid) - LicenseSkills:Ability to multi-task, Ability to seek guidance from supervisory staff, Ability to solve problems as they arise, Ability to work in a fast paced environment, Ability to work with frequent interruptions, Able to maintain good work attendance, Build positive relationship with people supported, Cognitive skills to understand instructions, Cognitive skills to understand medical records, Cognitive skills to understand medical terminology, Competitive work output, Contribute to a positive work environment, Demonstrate strong organizational skills, Effective oral and written communication, Knowledge of billing/reimbursement for BH services, Knowledge of functions and services., Knowledge of organizational structure for actions, Lift at least 25 lbs, bend, stoop, reach, Maintain safe work environment, Maintain stable work behaviors daily, Must participate in decision-making, Must possess adequate individual coping skills, Must respond appropriately to emergency situations, Visually assess and communicate a person's conditions to provider, Work independently, making sound judgements