Farm Hand/Csa Production at Mom's Apple Pie Bakery
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Lost Corner Farm is looking for 2-3 Farm Hands/CSA production workers to join our team. We are a farm located in Lucketts that is connected to our family-owned business Mom's Apple Pie. LCF runs a CSA and collaborates with other local farms to provide our customers with high quality sustainably grown products. These products include vegetables, eggs, mushrooms, goat cheese, and meat products. The farm offers a unique working environment that promotes teamwork, opportunities for learning and growth, and an integration to the local agricultural community. Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, works well in teams, and has an interest in sustainable agriculture.
- crop maintenance and harvesting
- field prep and maintenance
- animal husbandry (specifically chickens)
- harvest CSA crops
- produce cleaning
- packaging fruits and vegetables
- delivery and handout of CSA boxes and Mom’s Apple Pie Products
- market setup and breakdown
- required to work 1-2 Saturday Farm Markets a month
- must be able to take direction
- must be self-motivated
- must be detail-oriented
- must have a positive attitude
- must work well in a group
- must be methodical in work habits
- must be able to handle 6 hours in summer heat
- must be able to lift 30lbs
- must hold a valid driver’s license
- flexibility in work schedule (particularly around climate)
- ability to communicate clearly with CSA customers and answer customer questions at market
Experience in farming, manual labor, and gardening is preferred but is not required. Our farm is located at 43702 Hibler Road Leesburg, VA 20176. Check out lostcornerfarm.com to learn more about who we are and if you feel what we do resonates with you!
We are looking forward to reading your application.
Mom's Apple Pie Bakery
Get fresh Farm Production jobs daily straight to your inbox!