- Expired: April 28, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
As an early mover planning to offer key in-space transportation and infrastructure services, Momentus is at the forefront of the commercialization of space. With an experienced team of aerospace, propulsion, and robotics engineers, Momentus has developed a cost-effective and energy-efficient in-space transport system based on plasma water propulsion technology.
Daring problems require daring solutions. We boldly charge into uncharted territory knowing that no matter the outcome we will benefit from the journey and move closer to our goals no matter what. Our teams know that working at Momentus means more than building innovative technology, it means creating entirely new markets in the space economy. We are level-headed, business-minded strategic thinkers intent on providing immediate value to our customers today while simultaneously preparing for the vast possibilities of the future. If this sounds like you, we should talk.
We are seeking a Propulsion Engineer to join our Propulsion Engineering team in support of design, build, test, and analysis efforts of propulsion flight hardware. The ideal candidate should be accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys working on enabling new space technologies.
- Support the development of propulsion hardware from initial concept to assembly, integration, and test.
- Communicate closely with other engineers to understand and implement propulsion system requirements.
- Work with external vendors to ensure correct implementation of system requirements.
- Support integration of propulsion systems into orbital transfer service vehicles.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated hands-on experience assembling, testing, and troubleshooting mechanical hardware.
- Experience with data processing tools such as Matlab or Python.
- Comprehensive understanding of fluid mechanics and thermodynamics.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent technical communications skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with plasma physics, electrochemistry, or microwave engineering.
- Experience in a fast-paced/start-up environment.
- Desire to bring forward, test, and implement innovative solutions to complex aerospace challenges.
Education & Work Experience:
- BS or MS degree in engineering, physics, or a closely related discipline
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
This is a full-time position in San Jose, California. This position requires access to export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, software, and services. U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. A 1324b(a)(3) is required
Momentus is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Momentus is also an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, creed, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected class.
To all recruitment agencies: Momentus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Momentus will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Momentus Space LLC
AddressSan Jose, CA
TravelView all jobs at Momentus Space LLC