Senior IT Specialist
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**MUST HAVE ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE**
Welcome to the Momentum Family!
Momentum is not just our company name; it is the highest value we deliver to our customers. We are a rapidly growing technology solutions company delivering innovative technology, engineering, and intelligence solutions across the DoD sector. The efforts of our high-capacity team ultimately strengthen our Nation and the warfighter.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that's fostered throughout our team. We work incredibly hard for our customers and believe deeply in our core values. We're a high-energy, high-growth team and we love to win.
Senior IT Specialist
The Senior IT Specialist performs all levels of IT duties from routine installations and maintenance to IT tasks that are complex in nature under limited, general guidance. Competent to work on complex technical IT assignments. This position performs IT support duties and related problem-solving using desktop IT skills, demonstrating IT desktop experience, good judgment, and initiative. Works well both as part of a team as well as independently, with the ability to lead a technical team, successfully completing tasks while receiving only general guidance on assignments and solutions. Performs technical work at a professional level using standard techniques, concepts, and procedures. Highly skilled to work independently on technical assignments and projects, meeting deadlines. Contributes to and leads others with complex problem-solving. Must possess excellent IT technical skills, and customer service skills, work completely independently supporting users and resolving their IT issues while representing assigned service unit, follow directions, and be self-motivated to complete assignments, research, and apply solutions.
Typical duties include installing, maintaining, and administering desktop computer systems and associated peripherals including printers, monitors, switch boxes, business application software, and various operating systems. Works with government personnel and others to lead other contractors to complete IT tasks and projects as necessary.
In this role, you will
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on the use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit them to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
If you're right for this role, you have
- Demonstrated proficiency in installing, maintaining, and repairing desktop operating systems, business applications, desktop computer hardware, peripherals, and printers.
- TS clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline with five years experience or equivalent with nine years of experience
- IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support desired
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated proficiency in working independently to provide service
- Demonstrated leadership skills
At Momentum, we put extra effort into building our culture to ensure we exceed our team's needs from communication to benefits. We value our team and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees. Join Momentum to live your best life — we're always excited to grow our team's perspective. #MotivatedByMission
To learn more about us, check out our website at www.gomomentum.tech!
Momentum is an EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Alabama civil rights law, it is the policy of Momentum to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please include a request when applying.
TechnologyView all jobs at MOMENTUM
Get fresh Financial Clearance Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.