Mid IT Specialist
- Posted: 17 days ago
Welcome to the Momentum Family!
Momentum is not just our company name; it is the highest value we deliver to our customers. We are a rapidly growing technology company delivering innovative technology, engineering, and intelligence solutions across the DoD sector. The efforts of our high-capacity team ultimately strengthen our Nation and the warfighter.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration that's fostered throughout our team. We work incredibly hard for our customers and believe deeply in our core values. We're a high energy, high growth team and we love to win.
Mid IT Specialist
This position performs IT support duties and related problem solving using desktop IT support skills, demonstrating IT desktop experience, good judgement, and initiative. Works well both as part of a team as well as independently, successfully completing tasks while receiving only general guidance on assignments and solutions. Performs technical work of a professional level using standard techniques, concepts and procedures. Competent to work independently on technical assignments and projects, meeting deadlines. Contributes to complex problem solving. Must possess excellent IT technical skills, customer service skills, work independently, supporting users and resolving their IT issues while representing assigned service unit, follow directions, and be self-motivated to complete assignments, research and apply solutions.
Typical duties include installing, maintaining, and administering desktop computer systems and associated peripherals including printers, monitors, switch-boxes, business application software, and various operating systems.
In this role, you will
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach out and above head, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
If you're right for this role, you have
- Demonstrated proficiency installing, maintaining, repairing desktop operating systems, business applications, desktop computer hardware, peripherals, and printers.
- IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support desired Experience providing excellent customer service
- Bachelor’s degree in the discipline and one year of experience or 5 years of equivalent experience
- TS clearance required.
- IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support desired
- Experience providing excellent customer service
At Momentum, we put extra effort into building our culture to ensure we exceed our teams needs from communication to benefits. We value our team and show that through competitive salaries and bonus opportunities. Health, dental, vision, and life insurance are available to all full-time employees. Join Momentum to live your best life — we're always excited to grow our team's perspective. #MotivatedByMission
We love our values
We're building a family, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can't be turned off when the computer's away - we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn't for everyone, so if you're right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
Loyalty!We believe in loyalty to our customers and our team because without them we serve no purpose. We are loyal to ourselves and these core values, as they shape us and define what we believe will make us successful.
Lead by Example! We understand that there is literally no other way to lead than from the front. We cannot teach or expect anyone to follow our lead if we haven’t done the work ourselves and set the standard on what to do and how to do it.
Go The Extra Mile! We always go the extra mile for our customers, our team, and the company. We strive to always over-deliver and exceed people’s expectations in everything we do, and we do so with enthusiasm. It’s not just something we say but it’s something that we do, and our daily actions reflect this.
Stay Humble! We stay humble and practice humility when it comes to our own progress and accomplishments. We do not take the credit for our individual successes but instead give credit to the people who make our individual successes possible.
Be Responsible! We always accept full responsibility for our actions and performance. We do not pass our responsibilities to others, we always take it fully upon ourselves to make it right.
Take Initiative! When we see something that needs to be done, we do it. We are self-driven and look to constantly push ourselves forward and do what needs to be done to succeed.
Build Fun & Positive Relationships! We know that the success of our business is built upon this. We are consistently making efforts to build strong relationships with everyone we encounter as it creates strong bonds and friendships that ultimately creates lifetime customers to our brand.
Believe! We believe in everything that Momentum stands for, including these core values, and live by them both inside and outside of the company. It’s who we are fundamentally at our core and we believe in that.
To learn more about our us, check out our website at www.gomomentum.tech!
Momentum is an EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Alabama civil rights law, it is the policy of Momentum to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please include request when applying.
TechnologyView all jobs at Momentum
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?