Junior IT Specialist
- Expired: 8 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Welcome to the Momentum Family!
Momentum is not just our company name; it is the highest value we deliver to our customers. We are a rapidly growing technology company providing innovative technology, engineering, and intelligence solutions across the DoD sector. The efforts of our high-capacity team ultimately strengthen our Nation and the warfighter.
Our team is dispersed throughout the US, which means we value the diversity and unique collaboration fostered throughout our team. We work incredibly hard for our customers and believe deeply in our core values. We're a high-energy, high-growth team and we love to win.
Junior IT Specialist
The Junior IT Specialist performs IT duties while working as part of a team with more experienced government and contractor IT Specialists, and will work independently, depending on the level of complexity, following detailed problem specifications provided by others. Work is monitored and reviewed upon completion for accuracy and compliance with standards by government and contractor leads or more experienced IT personnel as needed. Performs technical work at a professional level using standard techniques, concepts, and procedures. Expected to show initiative and judgment while performing assigned tasks. Must possess excellent customer service skills, follow directions, and be self-motivated to complete assignments, research solutions, and gain experience in IT desktop support.
Typical duties include installing, maintaining, and administering desktop computer systems and associated peripherals including printers, monitors, switch-boxes, business application software, and various operating systems.
In this role, you will
- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on the use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software.
- Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit them to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 LBS, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach out and above head, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
If you're right for this role, you have
- High school diploma.
- Minimum one-year experience working with IT equipment.
- IT Certifications applicable to desktop and mobile computer support
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- TS clearance is required.
To learn more about us, check out our website at www.gomomentum.tech!
Momentum is an EEO/M/F/Veteran/Disabled Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Alabama civil rights law, Momentum's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please include a request when applying.
TechnologyView all jobs at Momentum
Get fresh Junior Implementation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!