- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a part of the Momentum Telecom Systems Admin team, you will join a team of talented admins in delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security. As a qualified Systems Administrator, you will play a pivotal role in managing and monitoring the current infrastructure while assisting the team in building and documenting new systems in a fast-paced environment.
In addition to the technical skills listed below, this position requires the ability to communicate and collaborate with immediate team members, as well as other support teams throughout the company. To be successful, one must be able to work well in a team-based environment and be flexible in the performance of daily tasks.
- Installation, administration, upgrade, and patching of hardware, software, and virtual components.
- Daily participation in the ticket queue
- DNS administration and troubleshooting
- Administration of inventory, security, and monitoring systems.
- Security tasks such as server hardening, vulnerability mitigation, SSL/TLS certificate administration, distribution and installation, server access management.
- Maintenance planning and execution; with some execution required during after-hours windows.
- On-call rotation
- Proficiency installing, configuring, securing, and troubleshooting Enterprise Linux servers in both a physical and virtual environment (CentOs / RedHat)
- Proficiency administrating VMWare 6.0(+) environment (deployment and administration of hosts, clusters, virtual networks, virtual machines, etc.)
- Proficiency with configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, etc.
- Proficiency troubleshooting server connectivity issues utilizing network tools such as tcpdump, Wireshark, and other related tools.
- Proven background in scripting and automating utilizing shell, Python, and working with API’s
- Strong background in administration and troubleshooting Bind, Apache, MySQL, Postfix/Dovecot
- Experience working in a Data Center environment with physical hardware. This includes the ability to lift and install equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- Strong understanding of server/network security concepts (Active Directory, group policy, firewall, host intrusion detection, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 environment (on-call rotation) and respond promptly to after-hours incidents. Some after-hours maintenance will be required.
- Must be willing to travel. Travel would be minimal but can be necessary as we have locations all over the country.
- Microsoft Windows Server administration; including installing, managing, securing, and monitoring.
- Experience with networking designs, concepts, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, etc.
- Experience administrating DNS, email, and DHCP
- Storage Area Networks (ISCSI and Fiber Channel)
Experience & Education
- A college degree in a related technical field is desired and/or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Linux/Unix administration is required.
Momentum Telecom Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Momentum Telecom Inc