Network Escalations Specialist
Momentum Telecom Inc Birmingham, AL
- Posted: over a month ago
The Network Escalation Specialist is responsible for providing advanced support for Momentum managed switches, Router/Firewalls, & SDWAN devices. Issues will be brought via internal Momentum Support teams by way of escalated issues/reports coming from Business Direct and Unified Communications teams.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Being the point of escalation for network device issues once ISP and voice configuration has been ruled out as cause.
- Providing superior customer service and advanced technical support for Retail customers including troubleshooting, problem resolution.
- Serves as a point of resolution for escalated managed Enterprise/Network Device Issues
- Manages open customer cases to ensure resolution or appropriate escalation to other work groups.
- Identifying and recommending process improvement ideas to Management.
- Contributing to the accomplishment of individual, team and center customer performance goals.
- Serve as network escalation helpdesk for Support reps.
- Review of tickets prior to escalating to Access Engineering or Voice Ops.
- Assist in cross-training technicians in Enterprise Support team(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take point on assigned escalations and work until resolution is determined.
- Utilize all required resources and workflows to accurately resolve or escalate customer issues.
- Adhere to Momentum Telecom Company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable performance according to published standards.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service behaviors to customers and Support members such as: being friendly and caring, listening, empathy, diffuse upset customers, providing customers with accurate troubleshooting processes and information.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in occasionally adjusting schedule as needed for department staffing coverage.
COMPETENCIES/SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE OR TRAINING PREFERRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate, some college or technical troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Two years’ practical work experience or education in network related field
- Configuration and Installation of various routers/sbc used for data/voice networking. Primarily Edgemarc, Adtran, Peplink SDWAN and Juniper 128T SDWAN
- Configuration & Installation of Cisco Switches
- Network Design, WAN/LAN configuration
- Basic knowledge of router and switch configuration, including VLANs and static routing
- Full understanding of Networking Protocols
- LTE Wireless technologies, including current standards, authentication, and authorization
- BA or BS degree with a telecommunications or networking concentration
- CCENT, CCNA, or other related certifications
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of Momentum Retail and Reseller products and services.
- Minimum 1 year of Voice Escalation experience
- Knowledge of IT configuration and related troubleshooting procedures.
- Two years working knowledge and troubleshooting experience of SIP, RTP, UDP, TCP, and NAT technologies
- Two years advanced working knowledge, troubleshooting, and configuration experience with Adtran and Cisco equipment and technologies
- Two years troubleshooting experience with carriers for access and last mile facilities
- Two years working knowledge and troubleshooting experience with premise-based firewalls
- Two years working knowledge, troubleshooting, and configuration experience with Edgewater and Samsung premise-based routers and switches, Netvanta routes and voice gateways, Samsung Ubigate, Cisco Firewall Switch Module, Aastra/Mitel, Polycom, and Asterisk based PBX devices
- Two years working knowledge, troubleshooting and configuration experience with Metaswitch and Broadsoft voice technologies
- Two years working knowledge of DNS, Web, email, voice mail, and eFax services
- Demonstrates complex problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates leadership skills such as: self-management, willingness to handle customer escalations, providing direction to peers, communication with management, volunteering for special projects and advanced tasks, reliability and dependability.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of Support operations and practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
- Some shift work required for evenings and weekends.
- Required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to speak clearly.
Momentum Telecom Inc
TechnologyView all jobs at Momentum Telecom Inc