We are seeking an experienced full-time defense medical malpractice litigation paralegal to work with the healthcare litigation section of the firm. Paralegal candidates will need Texas litigation experience with a general understanding of the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and deadlines. You will be responsible for maintaining the docket from inception of a lawsuit through trial and/or final dismissal. The candidate that will succeed in this position will have had prior experience working in litigation. Must have great time management and superb communication skills. Applicants should have a genuine interest in operational and regulatory matters affecting healthcare providers.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Drafting pleadings, discovery responses, discovery summaries, and correspondence
• Preparing litigation status reports
• Subpoenaing medical records
• Retention and coordination of expert witnesses
• Reviewing and analyzing sensitive data and client documents - determining applicable privileges and production of non-privileged materials throughout the discovery process
• Managing case deadlines
• Coordinating depositions
• Contacting and interviewing fact witnesses
• General case investigation
• Trial preparation and attendance, when necessary
It is important that you are able to maintain a high level of attention to detail, professionalism and the ability to work independently, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks. Good communication and a positive attitude are essential.
Experience: 3+ years of experience working in a law office doing substantial paralegal work.
Education: Paralegal Certificate or degree in legal studies is preferred, but not required.
We are a strategic, recruiting partner for our corporate and law firm clients, who turn to us when their legal and compliance hiring requires a higher level of understanding of the legal talent pool and legal job they seek to fill.