We are seeking a Temp to Hire (full-time hours) Construction Defect Litigation Paralegal. Must have 3+ years of law firm experience in litigation defense. You will work directly with attorneys in the construction litigation section of the firm. Tasks will involve organizing and reviewing records, preparing key document notebooks and other resources for the attorneys to use in hearings, mediations, depositions, and at trial. The candidate that will succeed in this position will have had prior experience working in litigation. We need someone that has great time management and superb communication skills.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Drafting pleadings, discovery responses, discovery summaries, and correspondence
- Preparing litigation status reports
- Subpoenaing medical records
- Retention and coordination of expert witnesses
- Reviewing and analyzing sensitive data and client documents - determining applicable privileges and production of non-privileged materials throughout the discovery process
- Managing case deadlines
- Coordinating depositions
- Contacting and interviewing fact witnesses
- General case investigation
- Trial preparation and attendance, when necessary
- **Candidates should be familiarity with the deadlines contained in the Texas Rules of Civil Procedure***
Candidate must maintain a high level of attention to detail, professionalism and the ability to work independently, exercise judgment, meet deadlines and prioritize tasks. Good communication and a positive attitude are essential.
Experience: 3+ years of experience working in a law office doing substantial paralegal work.
Education: Paralegal Certificate or degree in legal studies is preferred, but not required.
We are a strategic, recruiting partner for our corporate and law firm clients, who turn to us when their legal and compliance hiring requires a higher level of understanding of the legal talent pool and legal job they seek to fill.
Momentum Search PartnersMOMENTUM SEARCH PARTNERS is a legal recruiting and executive search firm specializing in permanent and temporary attorney search for companies and select law firms. We are a strategic, recruiting partner for our corporate and law firm clients, who turn to us when their legal and compliance hiring requires a higher level of understanding of the legal talent pool and legal job they seek to fill.