Middle School Math Teacher
Momentum Academy is a public charter school district with four campuses in St. Louis City, serving scholars in grades PK-8. Momentum promotes academic excellence in an environment of mutual care and support that builds character, confidence, and community among each of our scholars so that they reach their full potential.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Middle School Math Teacher will lead the instruction and training of scholars in his or her classroom and/or assigned grade level(s). The Middle School Math Teacher will work closely with scholars, parents, and school administration to ensure that academic success and character development are achieved by all scholars in the classroom.
Essential Responsibilities and Competencies
- Establish a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment where all scholars are invested in their academic excellence and character growth and can fulfill their potential
- Develop and implement daily instruction plans as part of the long-range educational and organizational goals
- Employ a variety of creative, differentiated, and research-based instructional strategies that ensure students are actively engaged in meaningful and rigorous learning experiences
- Conduct interim assessments, track student progress, and perform regular data analysis to determine student mastery and diagnose areas of misunderstanding
- Apply classroom management techniques and appropriate scholar corrections and disciplinary actions
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including but not limited to: attendance, behavior, student achievement data, grades, progress reports, parent communication, text books, etc.
- Set measurable, ambitious, and attainable goals for the year and each interim assessment cycle
- Provide reasonable vigilance for the physical safety and well-being of scholars while on campus or off-campus for school functions
- Evaluate individual scholar academic progress through regular and varied assessments
- Assume responsibility for scholar success by holding all scholars accountable to school-wide behavioral expectations
- Recognize, celebrate and reward scholar achievement and character development
- Build rapport with scholars, parents, and families
- Continually improve teaching skills by seeking out constructive feedback and professional development opportunities
- Actively and professionally participate in all faculty and staff meetings, professional development, and events
- Teach, lead, or assist with educational or extracurricular activities outside of regular school hours
- Assist with scholar recruitment efforts as needed
- Perform other duties as requested or required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Missouri Teaching Certification required (Math 5-9 preferred)
- 1-3 years of teaching experience (experience working with students and families in urban communities is a plus)
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with school teaching platforms and technology for virtual learning
- Proven track record of student achievement results
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- Demonstrated mastery and enthusiasm for content knowledge.
- Strong organization, planning, and time management skills.
- A tireless work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative solution finder.
- Open to feedback and committed to continuously improving.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Momentum Academy STLSaint Louis, MO
EducationView All Momentum Academy STL Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.