Assisted Living Hospice RN Team Director
- Posted: over a month ago
Assited Living Hospice RN Team Director
Nurses looking for autonomy and variety should consider practicing in Hospice Care. As a Assisted Living Hospice RN Team Director at Moments Hospice, you will join a team that is dedicated to making our patients' final days, weeks, and months as comfortable as possible.
Support from our Team:
- Employer contributions towards medical insurance plans
- Employer-paid dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance options
- Opportunities for growth within the Moments Hospice Organization
- Experienced team of Regional Director of Clinical Operators available as resources and mentors
- 120 hours of PTO, 6 paid holidays, and 2 additional floating holidays
- Mileage and company cell phone
- Structured training and preceptorship program
As the Hospice Clinical Manager, you will direct and lead the Interdisciplinary team, helping to meet the needs of the hospice patient and family in a manner consistent with the guidelines and policies of Moments Hospice. Your team consists of Nurses, Nurse Aides, Social Workers, Spiritual Care Providers, a Volunteer Coordinator, a Bereavement Coordinator, and many other support functions to create a fulfilling experience for our patients and their families. You will be the hub for communication regarding patient care and will promote a positive working relationship with the family, physician, and others involved in their care.
- Directly supervises the interdisciplinary team. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and terminating (with administrative approval) all interdisciplinary team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Reads and incorporates into practice the requirements of the Hospice Conditions of Participation for Medicare, applicable accreditation standards, and state or other rules and regulations as applicable to the program.
- Oversees the consultative process between the Medical Director and the members of the Interdisciplinary Team (IDT), assists in requesting appropriate care orders and attendance to identified patient needs if patient's attending physician is not available.
- Attends/Leads Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) meetings, ensuring:
- Patient care needs are identified and discussed with the full complement of the IDT.
- All required members of the core team are present and engaged in the IDT meeting.
- Required documentation is completed during and at the conclusion of the IDT meeting to capture the discussion and outcomes of the meeting.
- Patient re-certifications are discussed and completed in a timely manner.
- Documentation of the patient-centered plan of care and the implementation of interventions for patient care including changes in level of care, medication changes, changes to visit frequency, or need for emergency transportation.
- Participates in the development and update of patient care policies and emergency procedures.
- Ensures hospice services are available 24/7.
- Follows state regulatory requirements for supervision of nursing services.
- Manages all members of the IDT including aspects of scheduling, productivity, mentoring, pay practices, time keeping, performance reviews, and colleague support.
- Models desired behaviors including timeliness, punctuality, attendance, collaboration, open communication, and equitable treatment.
- Actively collaborates regarding QAPI activities and provides feedback and input into Performance Improvement.
- Participates in performance improvement programs.
- Promotes hospice philosophy.
- Upholds a personal philosophy of integrity and commitment; communicates proactively when schedule changes are needed.
- Analyzes and reports on quality metrics including Hospice Item Set, CAHPS, and symptom management outcomes.
- Establishes departmental goals consistent with Moments Hospice goals and objectives.
- Supervises patient and family care as specified by the plan of care, assessing appropriateness, continuity, service, and quality of care.
- Models and facilitates communication between colleagues including medical records, business office, intake, clinical team, and leadership.
- Participates in care delivery for patients as needed including conducting admissions, recertification visits, routine visits, and discharge visits.
- Manages the care for a caseload of patients if needed to support ebb and flow of census changes.
- Participates in after-hours shifts as needed including primary and back-up on-call.
- Serves as the administrator on call when scheduled.
- Make and/or delegate post-admissions calls.
- Directs responsibility for the management of Pharmacy, Medical Supplies, Durable Medical Equipment, Mileage and Labor for program to meet budget expectations.
- May be designated the administrator or alternate administrator for the licensure of the program based on state requirements.
- Ensures maximum utilization of resources.
- Promotes a positive and collaborative culture.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with minimum of three years in Healthcare required, preferably in Nursing Facility, Home Health or Hospice setting. Bachelor's degree strongly preferred. Experience in leadership or management strongly preferred.
About Moments Hospice
Moments Hospice is a leading hospice organization determined to change the hospice experience for patients, families, and team members. Our promise to our patients is, "We personalize our care and treat you like family." We are dedicated to making our patients' final days, weeks, and months as comfortable as possible. The promise to treat everyone like family also flows through the daily work environment, where all employees are part of the Moments family. We offer a workplace that employees are proud to be a part of. Moments Hospice has grown to over 19 offices in 6 states.
AddressMiami Beach, FL
HealthcareView all jobs at Moments Hospice
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?