Cheese Clerk (SF Bay Area Applicants Only)
- Over a month ago
Mollie Stone’s Markets is a local, family owned grocery store chain in the San Francisco Bay area, serving customers since 1986. With over 30 years of exemplary performance in the market, Mollie Stone’s continues to make a difference in people’s lives through food. Currently maintaining 9 Grocery Stores, a Produce Warehouse and Headquarters in Mill Valley, CA, we succeed in the industry by ensuring we deliver a large variety of exciting and quality products in an attractive and positive environment.
About the Role:
Mollie Stone's Markets is seeking a Part Time Cheese Clerk for our San Mateo location. This person will have a love of cheese, extensive product knowledge, and give exceptional customer service at all times.
- Merchandise cheese products attractively in cheese area and cross-merchandise throughout store.
- Check invoices and deliveries for accuracy.
- Ensure department meets OSHA and DOH cleanliness and safety standards.
- Rotate and inspect products to ensure they meet Mollie Stone’s standards for freshness and quality.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing
- Maintain extensive product knowledge and keep up-to-date on new products.
- Combine product knowledge with suggestive selling to enhance the customer’s shopping experience and increase sales.
- Previous experience in the Cheese department
- Ability to give exceptional customer service
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to smell, taste, and inspect cheeses as necessary for freshness and quality
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including morning, evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Must be able to regularly lift at least 50 lbs.
- Standing: Up to 8 hours per day.
- Walking: Up to 8 hours per day.
- Reaching: Up to 4 hours per day
About the Benefits:
- This is a union position with competitive pay.
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pension Program
- Commuter Benefits
- Entertainment Discounts
- Employee Discount on Mollie Stone’s Purchases
- Paid Time Off
Why should you apply?
- You want to enjoy what you do.
- You know what it takes to provide outstanding customer service.
- You would like to join a local, family owned company who values you.
- You get to enjoy and rely on great benefits and perks for you and your family.
- You’ll have opportunity to learn, grow and advance in your career.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Mollie Stone’s Markets is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Mollie Stone's Markets
AddressSan Mateo, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?