Attorney - 15+ Yrs Experience - General Liability / Personal Injury
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
Mokri Vanis & Jones has an immediate opening for an attorney with 15+ years of experience in general liability / personal injury matters for our Concord / East Bay office.
Who We Are:
- Mokri Vanis & Jones, LLP is an established mid-sized law firm with 5 offices throughout California and Nevada. Our firm provides a full range of transaction and litigation services. We represent a broad spectrum of clients, from major multinational corporations and financial institutions to family-owned small businesses and private individuals.
About the Role:
- Mokri Vanis and Jones LLP has an immediate full-time opportunity for an attorney with 15+ years of experience in general liability / personal injury matters. Successful candidates will have exceptional analytical and problem solving capabilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to build rapport with clients. Ideal candidates must have significant experience conducting complex discovery, taking and defending depositions, attending court appearances, attending mediations, drafting/opposing motions and trial experience.
What You'll Do:
- Consult with clients on legal best practices and provide legal support
- Prepare case file documents
- Work with the legal team to compile comprehensive mediation and trial briefs
- Draft and administer legal documents not limited to contracts, memos, and motions
- Review discovery documents and define the best course of action
- Adhere to a consistent schedule of hearings, court appearances, and case-related conferences
- Represent the company in legal proceedings, including trials and hearings
- Facilitate the depositions of experts and case witnesses
- Research and interpret law and rulings and anticipate legal risks
- Maintain case file from opening to close
- Maintain client relationships and communicate case status often
- 15+ years related experience or equivalent, with substantive experience in general liability / personal injury matters, including catastrophic injury cases
- Juris Doctor (JD) Degree and current license by the state bar to practice law in the state of CA required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Skills of persuasion and negotiation
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and competency
- Professional attitude and strong personal ethics
- Administrative and managerial experience preferred
Why Work With Us? Our firm culture is about teamwork, support, good communication, a work/life balance and professional development opportunities. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Supplemental Insurance Options (LTD, Life, STD, Critical Illness, etc)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
We look forward to hearing from you!
Mokri Vanis & Jones
1800 Sutter St.Concord, CA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?