Provide custom patterns and carpet designs as requested by customers. Interpret a reference design into a requested different design, with attention to copyright issues when applicable. The new design may be need to be colored or re-colored / sized or resized according to instructions from the Sales Agent or the reference submitted.
- Create design using Texello, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
- Working as a team, constructively critique other designer’s work and accept their critique.
- Talk to Sales Agents and/or customer to clarify designs per written or oral instructions. Print out design samples and send to agent or customer for approval. If needed make other modifications accordingly.
- Keep track of all designs by AW number on a daily basis for design history and reference.
- Keep abreast of current industry trends as to color and design.
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Arts or related discipline preferred with three to five years job specific experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skill, and abilities to perform the job.
- Three to five years experience with computer design tools and intermediate to advanced PC skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret industry and professional journals. Ability to effectively write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact with Mohawk’s management, internal and external business contacts.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that established rapport , persuades others, and gains understanding
- Ability to act as an advisor on professional and technical issues.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Performs duties under minimal supervision and work is verified/approved at the final stage.