Location: Kingman and Lake Havasu City Arizona
LINES OF AUTHORITY:
This position is supervised by the Adult Services Clinical Director and/or designated clinical site supervisor or program manager. Unless specifically designated, this position does not supervise any other personnel.
Provides outpatient counseling, and other supportive covered services to eligible adult clients. Maintains client records and required paperwork. An acceptable level of productivity is expected to be maintained as measured by billable hours/service value.
- Provides brief, solution-focused individual, group and family therapy to a diverse caseload of adult clients, as evidenced by direct observation, treatment team meetings, and clinical record review.
- Maintains client records in compliance with Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc., State, HCIC and Joint Commission standards, as evidenced by clinical record reviews, peer review, and annual quality profile data. .
- Networks with community agencies to provide services to eligible clients, as evidenced by clinical record reviews, direct observation, and treatment team meetings
- Utilizes best practice guidelines to ensure appropriate length of time in care, as evidenced by review of assigned caseload, clinical record review and treatment team meetings.
- Assists in crisis/intake coverage and completion of pre-petition screenings/social worker evaluations when needed, as evidenced by direct observation.
- Provides after-hours and holiday crisis coverage on rotating schedule, as evidenced by review of on-call schedule and corresponding beeper logs.
- The employee must work well under pressure meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines. The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors. This is evidenced through direct observation and interviews with co-workers and supervisors.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers and stakeholders, as evidenced by direct observation, complaint resolution, and interviews with customers.
- Participates in the Performance Improvement Processes in the Clinic, as evidenced by direct observation and annual quality profile data.
- Performs other duties as assigned, as evidenced by direct observation and review of assigned tasks.
- Able to effectively de-escalate clients using techniques as trained and outlined in approved crisis intervention models.
Clients, client families, peers, supervisors and physicians
Agencies in the community.
Master's degree in counseling, social work, or a related field.
Currently licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners
Experience in providing crisis intervention services and counseling to a broad range of clients.
High skill level in assessment and evaluation.
Ability to work as part of a team to coordinate client care.
Knowledge of DSM IV diagnosis and treatment skills.
Valid Arizona driver's license.
Ability to work flexible hours and travel to other clinic sites if needed.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Complex problem-solving skills.
Technical skills with computer.
Resource management skills.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPECIAL POPULATIONS
Persons conducting assessments and/or providing treatment to special populations are able, through training and experience as well as through agency-specific observation or testing of performance to:
Staff is responsible for providing services to chemically dependent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff must be able to gather and assess information about:
The relationship of each member's physical status to the dependence.
The nature of the emotional compulsion to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
The intensity of the member's preoccupation with using alcohol/and/or other drugs.
Staff must also demonstrate competency in their ability to:
Interpret information about a member's use of alcohol and/or other drugs.
Develop a written summary and/or treatment plan based on member's problems and needs;
Provide appropriate services.
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
Staff responsible for providing services to child and adolescent members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff demonstrate knowledge of growth and development of children and adolescents.
Staff demonstrate their ability to develop treatment plans and services based on member's problem and needs.
Staff demonstrate knowledge and skill in working with family systems.
SERIOUSLY MENTALLY ILL
Staff responsible for providing services to seriously mentally ill members have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff have knowledge and ability to gather and interpret information about seriously mentally ill members.
Staff understand the member's needs and the range, intensity, and duration of care, habilitation and rehabilitation required.
Staff responsible for providing services to members with intellectual disabilities have appropriate training, education, experience, performance and demonstrate competency.
Staff have knowledge and ability to gather and interpret information about an individual with an intellectual disability.
Staff understand the member's needs and the range, intensity, and duration of care, habilitation or rehabilitation required.
Telephone, fax machine, copier.
Computer, Windows office programs.
Furnished office which is comfortable and safe for both staff and client to facilitate effective crisis intervention and treatment.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic will provide reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities, unless it would cause undue hardship. We define reasonable accommodation as any change in the work environment or in the way a job is performed that enables a person with a disability to enjoy equal employment opportunities. We will make a good faith effort to list any special requirements in our job descriptions.
The agency has evolved over the years in its scope of service delivery. Individuals eligible for Title XIX/XXI covered services are served under subcontract with Health Choice Integrated Care (HCIC) and Arizona Division of Health Services (ADHS) and are funded by AHCCCS (Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System). Services are targeted to provide and promote self-growth through individualized, goal-directed, client-centered treatment with competent and responsive clinicians in a caring continuum of services.
Mohave Mental Health Clinic, Inc’s mission is to improve, enhance and promote the emotional well-being of Mohave County residents who experience life-disrupting problems and to strengthen the quality of personal, family and community life.