Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Moen may not be the first thing that pops into your head when you think about IoT, smart devices, and a digital career paths, but we have been building a team here for about 2 ½ years.
We are working on some different products with some of the same key features (voice, cloud, app, digital control, motors). We also have a long roadmap of digital related products which is allowing our group to expand. Though a big company, we operate like a small startup. We need people that can come in and help crank out products to ensure our department’s success.Job Description
Moen has a new opening for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer based at our Global headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio. Moen's Software Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for coordinating, leading, developing, and executing software quality tests for various projects and electronically enabled consumer products.
- Serve as the domain expert for software quality and validation.
- Test software running in our IoT connected products across the spectrum from embedded firmware and hardware all the way up to iOS and Android apps.
- Design and develop tests scenarios to exercise functionality, validate specifications, verify stability under stress, and gauge overall effectiveness and usability.
- Effectively leverage automation tools and implement complimentary manual test strategies.
- Lead test plan execution on complex projects while guiding less experience colleagues to follow test plans, report problems, and drive towards resolution.
- Collaborate in a cross disciplinary agile team which includes Hardware and Software Engineers as well as support staff outside of engineering.
- Develop test suite programs to ensure products can be retested, even after release to production, to support validation of field updates.
- Prioritize test cases based on end user relevance and value to maximize meaningful test coverage.
- Collaborate with the design team to leverage automatic builds as part of a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Work with developers to isolate, reproduce, and troubleshoot issues to aid in bringing them to resolution.
- Act as a gatekeeper for software quality to ensure that all critical defects are caught and addressed before product launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering (with a software concentration), or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality Assurance or Test Automation with some experience testing embedded firmware or software apps is required.
- Capable of testing embedded software in consumer products that may be Internet of Things (IoT) connected.
- Must possess a good understanding of Software Quality Assurance tools, techniques, and best practices. This may include (but is not limited to) black box testing, Monte Carlo testing, regression testing, Jira, Python, Firebase, Jenkins, virtual machines, or equivalents.
- Ability to read C, Java, or Swift code associated with a software change to estimate the scope of testing.
- Experience with a test case management tool, creating test plans, creating test cases from requirements and executing them, and performing analysis on the results.
- Know how and when to apply effective test automation throughout the software stack, from firmware through mobile apps.
- Working experience desired with Wi-Fi and common home networking technologies, especially those related to low power IoT devices, and how to troubleshoot relevant issues.
- Experience desired in testing and extending automation of Google and Alexa voice assistant skills in English and other languages.
- Working knowledge of version control systems such as Git or Perforce.
- Strong analytical, documentation, test planning, and communication skills.
- Curiosity and passion to find ways to expose defects to maximize product quality.
- Comfortable acting as an advocate for quality on cross disciplinary development teams.
Fortune Brands' Global Plumbing Group (GPG) is a multi-brand plumbing business that is inspiring people by designing beautiful experiences with water. GPG's trusted brands include Moen and the House of Rohl portfolio. We welcome you to visit the Moen.com and HouseofRohl.com websites to learn more about us and why we are a top workplace.Equal Employment Opportunity
Fortune Brands' GPG is an equal opportunity employer. GPG evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Fortune Brands' GPG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@moen.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information
AddressNorth Olmsted, OH
TechnologyView all jobs at Moen