We are looking to hire a Technical Writer/Editor to join our team in Rancho Bernardo, CA. This will be a Contract to Hire position, our goal is to convert someone if they perform well throughout the contract period.
Some of the Qualifications Needed:
· Associate's degree in a related discipline and three or more years progressive experience in a technical field. May substitute equivalent professional experience in lieu of education/training.
· Extensive experience formatting and editing technical documentation using Microsoft Word (2013 or higher), including a robust understanding of template application, styles, other advanced features, and their proper use.
· Microsoft Office User Specialist (MOUS) certification preferred or relevant MS Word training class/course with emphasis on formatting and desktop publishing.
· Must have a strong working knowledge of computer-based tools in the production of technical and business documentation.
· Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including mastery of English language, grammar, structure and punctuation, and the ability to write complete, concise, and accurate content.
· Must have exceptional attention to detail.
· Ability to type 50+ WPM.