Modis Omaha, NE
- Expired: August 25, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Collections Representative with a leading bank located in Omaha Nebraska is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. Our client is seeking a Collections Representative to perform various collection duties on consumer or mortgage accounts in various stages of risk or performance to effectively reduce delinquency, losses and increase recoveries. A typical Collections Representative may also be responsible for the stocking of recovered or returned collateral, preparing documentation, processing proceeds of sales, and assisting customer with redemptions or reinstatements.
Collections Representative job responsibilities include:
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Take all necessary actions to collect payments or charge-off recoveries via predictive dialer or by manual inbound/outbound calls.
- May initiate and prepare files for repossession, charge-off, NOD and skip trace.
- Uses various collection systems to update customers' accounts and to send correspondence.
- Ensure recovered/returned collateral is logged into inventory system.
- Obtains collateral values through available sources.
- Identifies and handles problem title situations.
- Processes sales proceeds and prepares sales packages.
- Produces all inventory reports.
- Communicates with various auctions, repossession companies, motor vehicle offices throughout the United States and other departments within Consumer Credit Division.
- Provides back up for transportation of recovered/returned collateral.
- Knows, understands, and adheres to Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, Collection Laws, and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
- Communicates with customers regarding reinstatements, redemptions, and any disputes.
- Other job duties may include the following: Understands and adheres to Fannie Mae (FNMA), FHA (HUD), Veteran's Administration (VA), and all private mortgage insurer's (PMI) rules and guidelines.
- Ability to assess customer's financial situation for possible referral for loss mitigation.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking.
- Ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related software.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in accounting or related financial discipline preferred.
- 2-4 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Modis