This position is Contract (6 month) to Hire.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Determine user requirements and specifications and plan for software development within the broader organizational scope.
- Formulate detailed plans/design for the implementation of software solutions on specific programs or projects.
- Implementation of design including coding, testing, and documentation.
- Code maintenance including debugging and updating to keep pace with the evolving environment and standards.
- Assist in planning for future applications based on new developments in computer technology.
- Communicate with software developers, with users, and with management.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD in computer science or a related discipline and progressive software development experience as follows; four or more years of experience with a bachelor’s degree or two or more years of experience with a master’s degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of software development concepts, principles, and theory and demonstrate complete understanding and application of programming and analysis concepts.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level and to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; and, lead a team of less experienced professional employees on semi-routine tasks.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Strong "C" programming capability preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills also required.
- Must have experience with Windows and Linux development environments.
- Candidates with a degree in aerospace, electrical, math, physics, or computer science are all welcome.
- Experience with Matlab and aviation is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.