Job Title: Shipping & Receiving (1st and 2nd Shift)
Reports to: Department Supervisor at specific Business Unit
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Schedule: Monday through Friday (Time). Overtime as required
Summary of duties and responsibilities:
Performs all shipping and/or receiving functions involved in the manufacturing and assembly processes of Modineer Company.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
· Creates shippers/bills of lading, barcode labels, and related paperwork.
· Arranges and monitors the transportation and movement of goods.
· Contacts and maintains relationships with customers, suppliers, and logistics companies.
· Performs clerical and/or data entry functions.
· Uses forklift to move, load, and unload product and/or materials.
· Understands inventory control functions.
· Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
· Demonstrates strong attention to details, high accuracy, and follow-through.
· Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
· Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
Education, prior work experience and specialized skills and knowledge:
· Must have knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
· Working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems (PLEX is a plus).
· Knowledge of Glovia and Edibar work environments is a plus.
· Must have knowledge and experience in inventory control functions.
· Must be able to operate a forklift, and maintain a clean, safe, environment.
· Must be able to work in a team environment.
Physical environment/working conditions:
Works in a manufacturing environment in warm or cold temperatures. The individual must be able to do the following:
- Visually receive and identify detailed information
- Detect the presence of sounds within a range of volumes and frequencies
- Respond to sights and sounds
- Understand written/printed material
- Understand verbal information
- Speak clearly and articulately
- Actively exchange ideas/thoughts with others
- Check, compare, or copy details
- Use words and ideas to figure out/solve problems that require orderly, logical, thought
- Manipulate small, medium, or large objects, materials, or tools on a frequent basis
- Use arms/legs continually and repeatedly throughout the shift
- Lift up to 40 lbs continuously throughout the shift
- Apply a specific level of strength to move an object
- Stand for long periods of time throughout the shift
- Move at a fast pace across specified terrain throughout the shift
- Adjust body position while performing tasks
Modineer is a leading manufacturer and fabricator of low to medium volume complex metal components and assemblies for the automotive, military, truck/trailer and industrial markets utilizing stamping, roll forming, welding, machining, painting, e-coating, and other specialty processes. Headquartered in Niles, Michigan, Modineer manufactures more than 35 million components per year, has over 800 employees and operates from nine facilities with combined square footage in excess of 700,000 across Michigan, Indiana, and Missouri.
Modineer’s manufacturing capabilities range from high volume metal stampings to laser cut components that are welded into finished assemblies. This wide array of capabilities has resulted in a healthy mix of business from a diverse customer base. The systematic approach to building this diversity starts with the right people and practices. The success of Modineer rests on the performance of their quality people. This has been true for more than seventy years. It will certainly be true for you.