Who We Are:
Modern Mind Counseling is a small but growing private practice located in the Loop in downtown Chicago. We provide psychotherapy to adult individuals as well as couples. Therapists at Modern Mind Counseling boast a knowledge bank and expertise in approaches rooted in current brain-body science and research. Active psychoeducation is a fundamental component of what we offer clients. Clients are attracted to the practice because of our direct, interactive, and collaborative approach. We are seeking a dynamic, collaborative fully licensed therapist to join this specialized team.
Modern Mind Counselings office is located in the beautiful, historic Monadnock Building in the Loop. Our offices are stylish yet cozy, with each office outfitted with a desk and computer for shared use. Our clients are greeted by a warm and inviting waiting area, complete with a tea station and water service.
- Rapport and Connection: We believe in the healing component of a safe, trusting therapeutic relationship
- Empowerment: MMC therapists are dedicated to providing clients with the tools and information they need for change
- Inclusion: MMC therapists offer competency in working with:
- Persons of color
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Queer, and Questioning individuals and couples
- Transgender, non-binary, and gender variant individuals and couples
- Non-traditional relationship structures, including polyamory and kink
- Authenticity and Transparency: The therapeutic process does not need to be a mystery to clients. Authenticity coupled with clear and healthy boundaries is a powerful thing!
Who We Are Seeking:
Modern Mind Counseling seeks individuals who:
- Are excited to be part of a growing, specialized practice, helping to create a practice that is unique and vibrant
- Are looking forward to being a contributing team member, committed to growth and team development
- Balance their unwavering dedication to expanding their clinical knowledge and expertise with a hearty sense of humor and joy
- Are relatable and approachable, yet still uphold a high level of professionalism and healthy boundaries
- Geek out about brain science, trauma research, and all things mindfulness!
Full-time therapists will be responsible for seeing a minimum of 25 clients per week.
Part-time therapists will be responsible for seeing a minimum of 15 clients per week.
Clinicians are required to commit to chosen time blocks, according to hours expectation, including at least one-morning block (8am-2pm) and two evening blocks (2pm-8pm) per week. Clinicians are responsible for writing session notes, treatment plans, and termination notes for all clients.
- Be fully licensed as LMFT, LCPC, LCSW, PsyD. or equivalent, in the state of Illinois
- Be willing to complete credentialing and insurance requirements
- Ability to maintain proper licensure, including acquiring necessary CEUs, training, etc
- Experience, training, or an unwavering geeky interest in at least one of the following areas:
- Trauma treatment modalities
- Mind+Body connection
- Somatic Experiencing
- Attachment Theory
- Polyvagal Theory
- Interpersonal neurobiology
- Body-centered therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Must demonstrate the ability to work independently in meeting deadlines, accessing resources, collaborating with external treatment team providers, and completing required documentation
- Openness or experience working with LGBTQ+ population
- Openness or experience working with non-traditional relationship structures such as polyamory, non-monogamous relationships, and kink
- Strong communication skills and the ability to be an active part of a growing team
- Timely communication and follow up on all inquiries and intakes
- Ability to build and maintain steady caseload as required
Preferred but not required:
- Previous private practice experience
- Credentialed with some insurance panels (BCBS & United Healthcare Preferred)
The practice offers the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation rates
- W2 employee status (not 1099 contract position)
- Paid malpractice/liability insurance
- Paid sick time
- Regular clinical supervision & training
- Yearly training stipend
- Client referrals
- Psychology Today profile
- Descriptive bio on the company website
- Billing services via easy to use electronic medical records system
- In house as well as contracted billing support
- Benefit verification and intake setup
- Paperless record keeping
- Online scheduling portal for clients
- Computer, printer, and shredder access
- Furnished office space
- Discounted parking
- Use of amenities, including internet, water service, kitchen, and supplies
- Support in developing programs and initiatives
Please submit your resume or CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, we would like to know what would make you a good fit with our specialized practice.