- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you an experienced financial controller who is fanatical about what you do and wants to work alongside others who share that level of dedication? Are you willing to stand up for what’s right and be a part of the solar revolution that combats climate change and makes solar energy accessible to more families? Then your values are likely well aligned with ours and please read on!
Modern Mill Solar has added a Controller to our Senior Leadership Team. This role manages our accounting and finance department in Fort Wayne. Ideal candidates will bring a strong financial background with cost accounting experience in a construction, HVAC, or related industry.
The Controller will own the financial operations of our organization. The Controller’s primary duties include leading the organization’s financial strategy and overseeing all accounting, reporting, and payroll functions for the organization with a heavy emphasis on cost accounting. The Controller will play a key role in developing processes and procedures for Modern Mill Solar, partnering with members of the organization to create enhanced programs, and ensuring that the organization is functioning smoothly. Modern Mill Solar is seeking a mission-driven reliable individual who has a strong sense of integrity and a growth mindset.
What Youll Do
- Prepare, analyze, and present financial reports; clearly convey monthly and annual financial statements, and oversee all financial project/program and financing relationships.
- Oversee timely and accurate processing of payroll and varied commission/bonus calculations.
- Create processes and implement systems to scale within a rapidly growing company while accommodating diverse compensation plans and complex funding scenarios.
- Work with organization-wide management on finance-related policies and procedures.
- Assist management with budget and finance strategies, including facilitating strategic planning and translating organizational vision to department and individual goals.
- Produces monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial reports with variance reporting periodically to enable good managerial decision making.
- Reach long term business objectives and financial growth targets.
- Work closely with all the company’s leaders to ensure they have accurate financial data and reporting to manage their departments and jobs.
- Oversee organizational cash flow, budgeting, cost accounting, and forecasting.
- Spearhead accounts payable/receivable, billing, general ledger, and collections.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state payroll and accounting regulations; update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically review and propose updates to the written fiscal policy and procedure manual.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Modern Mills Solar is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
ABOUT MODERN MILL SOLAR
Our goal is to help customers harness the boundless energy of the sun, achieving energy freedom by strategically managing demanding and growing energy needs. Renewable, solar energy can work for nearly every home and business. Customers can take advantage of a 26% federal income tax rebate, state property tax exemptions (based on where you live) and a 50% one-time bonus depreciation. Our team helps make the cost savings and environmental benefits come alive for customers.
Be a part of the energy revolution and apply today!
Modern Mill Solar has five core values that drive our business. These values are reflected in our employment practices and form the foundation for our employee and customer experiences.
- Willing to Stand Up
- Be Positive
- Be Fun and Fanatical
- Be Invested
- Be Curious
What Youll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in finance and accounting with advanced GAAP knowledge
- 7+ years’ experience in financial management, payroll, bookkeeping, accounts payable/receivable, and audit oversight
- 3+ years’ professional experience as a Controller or in Accounting/Finance Management
- Autonomy to innovate, create, and lead strong financial stability
- Ability to work strategically alongside internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience in construction-related accounting and management preferred
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, and ERP systems
Modern Mill Solar
AddressFort Wayne, IN
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Financial Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.