Quality Assurance Technician Level ll (CWI)
Modern Manufacturing Inc.
- Posted: over a month ago
Salary: $20-$30 per hour
The Quality Assurance Technician Level II is responsible for ensuring manufactured products meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability and performance.
Position, Duties and Primary Responsibilities
- Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols.
- Meet AWS and CWB standards for quality and safety.
- Read work instructions and/or drawings to interpret and confirm production and/or assembly information.
- Verify that the base materials and consumable welding materials conform to the specifications and that the welding filler materials used are as specified for each base material or combination of base materials.
- Verify that the welding equipment to be used for the work is appropriate for the use with the welding procedure and has the capability to meet the applicable requirements of the welding procedure.
- Verify that the welding procedures are as specified and are qualified, and that the welding performed is performed in conformation to the applicable procedure.
- Perform required tests as dictated by AWS and CWB codes
- Record and maintain inspection test data.
- Perform cost analysis of weld efficiency.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department Leader or member of the Management Team, and as directed discard products, materials, and/or equipment which do not meet specifications.
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures.
- Improve existing or develop new welding equipment as needed.
- Develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques and procedures as necessary.
- Complete job requirements with minimal supervision.
- Utilize conventional and precision measuring instruments.
- Accurately document applicable job, product and quality information utilizing computer and paper documents as required.
- Verify that welders, welding operators, and tack welders have been qualified in conformance to the applicable standards, and that they are re-qualified to use the welding procedures specified for the work.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and tools as required/requested.
- Focus on quality and speed, performing all tasks with a sense of urgency toward excellence.
- Ensure that welds meet the applicable code books for all aspects of welding including inspection criteria (D1.1, 1.2, 1.3 etc.)
- Complete visual inspection of welds including dye penetrant testing
- Prepare documentation relative to visual weld inspections.
- Completes general inspection of product
- Generates non-conformance reports as required
- Coordinates investigations and root cause analysis for non-conformances and corrective and preventative actions as it relates to welding.
- Manages welding non-conformance reviews and follow up on recommendations
- Calibrates tools and equipment
- Ensures day to day activities within the Quality Management system are performed and proper documentation is completed
- Assesses requirements for quality and develop sampling plans
- Prepares inspection plans
- Provides quality inspection instructions for workers
- Educates workers on measurement requirements, both frequency and accuracy
- Manages relationship with AWS/CWB and ensures compliance issues are resolved
- Organizes and conducts training to reduce rework and improve overall quality
- Reviews the rework data, non-conformances data, and quality reports to identify root cause
- Keeps up to date on machine, equipment or process changes ensuring that quality plans remain relevant
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the program on a regular basis ensuring that quality concerns and issues are identified and controlled
- Performs other work/tasks/duties assigned over the course of employment as deemed necessary to support the needs of the business which are not listed above. Work/tasks will be assigned through the employee’s manager/immediate supervisor or by senior leadership
Skill and Qualifications
- Accuracy and precision using measuring tools
- Knowledge of dimensioning and tolerances
- Data collection, management and analysis
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Problem solving
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to plan, multi task, and manage time effectively
- Motivation, drive and demonstrates initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Education, Training and Experience
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) or willing to obtain
- 6+ years of related work experience, preferred
- Minimum - High School Diploma or GED (General Education)
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs
- Product or industry-specific experience
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
- Intermediate computer knowledge (Windows, email, internet, etc)
- Written and verbal communication, math, reading, and spelling skills
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree
- Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds from floor to waist, carry 50 pounds, and push and/or pull up to 20 pounds
- Must have the ability to climb ladders and/or stairs
- Bending, reaching, kneeling, stretching and bending
- Handling, feeling, and gripping would be required for some activities
Modern Manufacturing Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?