Carbon Operations Manager
- $100,000 to $140,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Carbon Operations Manager
Bothell, WA - Full Time - Onsite
Modern Hydrogen has an immediate opening for a Carbon Operations Manager who will oversee our solid carbon collection, processing, and distribution network. You will have the unique opportunity to build our operational processes and frameworks from the ground up in a novel business unit.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering & Operations, you will be responsible for day-to-day operational requirements and performance metrics and providing guidance on the overall business model of solid carbon management. The successful candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of both federal and state regulations pertaining to bulk materials transportation and corresponding material classification frameworks to ensure safe transport. Lastly, the successful candidate must understand the custody transfer process as it relates to controlled goods or materials, as the solid carbon produced by Modern Hydrogen will require full provenance from collection to distribution to end use, to enable decarbonization accounting in support of carbon offset credit generation. You will be expected to work on-site at Modern Hydrogen's headquarter in the Seattle Area at least 3 days per week.
Modern Hydrogen is a Seattle-based cleantech startup. We decarbonize natural gas into clean hydrogen at the point of use. With $100MM in venture capital raised from world-renowned investors including Bill Gates to support our vision, we are seeking best-in-class talent to accelerate our impact. The race to decarbonize the planet is on, and our technology has enormous potential to decarbonize hard-to-abate sectors of the economy.
- Plan, organize, and manage the daily operations of the solid carbon collection, processing, and distribution network
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, standards, and policies regarding carbon production, transport, and use in target applications
- Monitor and optimize the performance, quality, and efficiency of the solid carbon processes and products
- Manage the budget, inventory, and procurement of materials, equipment, and resources for the solid carbon operations
- Hire, train, and supervise the staff involved in the solid carbon operations
- Develop and implement plans to improve financial efficiency of carbon operations, especially with scale-up.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, such as customers, suppliers, regulators, and partners
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement, expansion, or innovation of the solid carbon operations network
- Develop forward looking P&L forecasts for solid carbon operations management as it relates to carbon network expansion across North America
- Prepare and present reports and analysis on the solid carbon operations to the Modern Hydrogen management team
- An ability to travel may be required (< 25%) to identify and implement regional collection and / or distribution networks as we scale and grow our carbon operations
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations management, preferably in waste management or hazardous materials transport and distribution
- Experience managing teams of 5 or more in a day-to-day operational environment
- Background in waste management or similar byproduct materials transport and distribution field is preferred
- Knowledge of carbon black, asphalt, and/or biochar production, processing, and distribution methods and best practices is considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of the regulatory and safety requirements for bulk solids transport and handling
- Excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple tasks
You are encouraged to apply even if you don't possess all of the typical qualifications. Modern Hydrogen values diverse experiences, backgrounds and ideas, and we know diversity of thought contributes to our success. We encourage all interested candidates to apply.
Modern Hydrogen is proud to offer a comprehensive total compensation package designed to support our employees & their families and promote health & wellness.
- Salary range is $100,000 - $140,000/year.
- Relocation assistance for those moving from out of state.
- Ownership of the company in the form of incentive stock options.
- Retirement matching through Vanguard's SIMPLE IRA with elective 3% employer match.
- Company paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance ($100,000), and AD&D for employees. 50% covered for dependents.
- Optional access to our flexible spending account and additional voluntary life buy-up.
- Unlimited flexible time off to rest and recharge.
- 8 paid holidays.
- Flexible working schedules.
- Parental leave to welcome a new family member.
- Annual professional development budget.
- Two employee assistance program services which include wellness planning, estate planning, financial counseling and more.
- Dog-friendly office, fully stocked breakroom, engaging company events, and friendly and fun team!
Exact salary may vary depending on job location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, education, training, certifications/licenses, and other business needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Modern HydrogenBothell, WA
Get fresh Carbon Operations Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.