Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Supervisor.)
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance;
- Assists in maintaining organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters; including personnel, medical, and I-9 files.
- Facilitates benefit administration, including on-line enrollments and terminations.
- Maintains applicant flow log; Posts and manages job postings on various websites; Conducts reference and background checks
- Processes new hire on boarding, orientation.
- Processes and maintains termination paperwork.
- Coordinates or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Assists in communicating changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Assists in maintaining a human resource information system that meets the organization's personnel information needs. • Maintains job descriptions and perform exempt classification analysis when warranted
- Administration duties covering phones when needed, mail, internal office communications, copying and organizing of files.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to handle complex problems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking with the ability to solve problems by gathering data, reasoning logically, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to function and thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. Self-starter with enthusiasm and initiative.
Education, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and 1 - 3 years in the HR field.
- Experience with or knowledge of recovery community a plus.