Generator Technician/Power Systems - South Jersey
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for emergency breakdown and planned maintenance to all makes of generators and accessories, switches and switch gear for existing and new customers, on-site customer relations.
· Repair, maintain, trouble shoot all types of generators
· Orders parts as needed, communicates with Parts Department as to the status of parts on order
· Informs customer and service management of parts on order status and job status
· Utilizes all training, online manuals and/or seeks help/ advice if a problem arises at customer site
· Informs service management of any incoming shop jobs
· Strives for optimum billing of labor hours each day
· Makes every effort to look up parts needed for jobs
· Efficiently uses MobleFrame eRO process and any other service process software which Modern deploys
· Assists service management in scheduling follow-up repairs
· Actively participates in devising and completing one’s own training plan and obligations to Modern where training is required
· Responsible to notify service management of any and all vehicle repairs and inspection needs
· Must obtain proper authorization from customer on any overtime billing. Either prior to or after normal branch operation hours
· Maintains a professional appearance and attitude each day.
· Keeps interior and exterior of company service van clean.
· Follows all safety requirements, wears required PPE such as safety glasses
· 1 - 3 years EPG/ Electronics and/or Diesel Engine Repair experience or Technical degree a plus
· Understanding of Automatic Transfer Switches (up to 3 phase/ 480 volts)
· EGSA Certified Tech a plus or technical degree preferred
· The successful candidate will be self-motivated and have had generator repair training.
· Strong troubleshooting and schematic reading skills are essential.
· Candidates should possess necessary tools.
· Must be willing to work overtime.
· Must have valid driver's license, clean driving record
· Must have own tools
· Position has no supervisory responsibilities
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Operate a motor vehicle
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Modern is a 100% Employee-Owned Company committed to excellence on service, sales, parts, and consultation. See the benefit of earning your own shares just through employment in our company stock!
Modern Group Ltd.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?