Let us introduce ourselves….
Modern Family Law is a tech-forward firm that values hard work, dedication, and above all, compassion. We serve clients who are going through one of the most difficult times of their lives and, therefore, everything we do is to ensure they are met with compassion and empathy. It is our goal to show them a path forward that is free from unnecessary conflict and provides long-term happiness.
Why be on our team?
We believe that we should treat our team members the way in which we would want them to treat our clients. We're proud to be an equal employment opportunity provider to all people in accordance with all applicable laws. Inclusion and diversity are in our identity! Here are some highlights of our amazing culture:
- Competitive and guaranteed Income.
- Incredible comprehensive benefits: medical, vision, dental, retirement, and more! If you haven’t got your health, you haven’t got anything.
- We consider ourselves to be a team of equals: everyone is critical to our success and, to that regard, we limit stratification wherever possible.
- 100 hour per month billable hours goal; we want every Attorney to have a goal that can be easily attained and regularly exceeded.
- Promotion and advancement; we celebrate the opportunity to promote within and reward our team members for hard work.
- Work/life balance: we understand that people work to live, not live to work. We embrace a healthy work/life balance and promote it by offering unlimited PTO and flexible hours whenever possible.
- Work from Home: We offer a remote work arrangement. We provide all the tools you need to be productive and successful working from home, such as, providing top of line equipment as well as the utilizing the best collaboration software.
Why do our Paralegals love the MFL team?
At Modern Family Law, we value and rely on the important work our Paralegals provide. We respect the level of dedication you undertook to become the experienced professional you are, and we reward your tireless efforts with complex legal responsibilities. Partner with our compassionate and skilled Attorneys to advocate for our clients from case start to case finish. If you need help or advise along the way, we are eager to provide you with the tools and support you need.
What does a Paralegal do at MFL?
- Research and analyze statutes, judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions, and legal codes
- Prepare briefs, pleadings, appeals, contracts, parenting plans, custody orders, child support orders, affidavits, and more
- Schedule hearings and appointments, field client calls, compose and type routine correspondence, and route incoming mail
- File correspondence and legal documents
What does it take to be a Paralegal at MFL?
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum requirements as set by local law
- Demonstrated interest in family law
- Prior experience as a Paralegal a plus
- Compassion for and desire to help others
- Team-oriented with a positive attitude
Modern Family Law is happy to make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position as well as throughout the application process. Be a part of Modern Family Law, be a part of helping people transition to the rest of their lives.